750 TI Compatibility issue

So I have 

M3970AM-HP (Angelica2) MOBO

I'm trying to figure out if the BIOS will be compatible with a EVGA 2GB 750 TI. I don't know how to check it, when I looked it said 2.7 on my pc? I don't know if that's relevant.

1 minute ago, N33R0 said:

So I have 

M3970AM-HP (Angelica2) MOBO

I'm trying to figure out if the BIOS will be compatible with a EVGA 2GB 750 TI. I don't know how to check it, when I looked it said 2.7 on my pc? I don't know if that's relevant.

If the board has a pcie x16 slot that the card can sit in it should work with the board.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

if it fits it sits basically, you can put a 750TI into anything that has a PCIe 16x slot

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Even if you had a PCI-e 2.0 8x slot this would work fine.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Well I was looking into it and people have said that BIOS has made them unable to boot their computers after installing it. I have a prebuilt HP computer and I've heard they sometimes lock BIOS.

3 minutes ago, N33R0 said:

Well I was looking into it and people have said that BIOS has made them unable to boot their computers after installing it. I have a prebuilt HP computer and I've heard they sometimes lock BIOS.

should be fine, not sure how the BIOS would not allow a GPU swap to be honest

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You can put any graphics card into any type of PCI-E slot because they are backwards compatible. Although it is not advised to go to a PCI-E 2.0 8x if it wants a 3.0 with 16x. But it will work.

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

should be fine, not sure how the BIOS would not allow a GPU swap to be honest

No he's right they can do this, I remember my friends parents had a Dell pc that wasn't performing as well as other PCs with the same specs so i popped the side panel open and notice that the GPU was practically touching the card right below it so i moved the card below the gpu and then the pc wouldn't post, put it back in the pci slot below the gpu and it worked fine again.  They can lock stuff down, whether they decide to or not is another story all together.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump