Logitech G502 vs Roccat Tyon

LetsFailNoob

I currently own a Razer Naga 2014, which I really like.

Problem(s) being: The laser doesn't track accurately anymore, and the scroll click isn't working anymore.

I also don't need all of the buttons, only 3 of them are used

So I decided to buy a new mouse, and came across the Logitech G502 and Roccat Tyon (both being 50% off at my local store atm)

The thing is, I don't know which mouse would fit better, since I like it, if my mouse is a little bit bigger but also adore the optical sensor in the G502.

I switch between both gripps, palm if I just casually use my mouse and claw if I game.

My biggest concern with the roccat mouse is that the sensor just doesn't work that well.

And my biggest concern with Logitech mouse is that it's too small for me, and that the mouse buttons will break soon or aren't  well done to begin with (that's what I've read at least)

Or do you have any different mouse that might fit my needs.

Mice are so subjective, it is hard to say which you will prefer more.

If you have the option, go into your local store and actually try holding both of the mice to see which fits your hand better.

They are both good quality mice with die hard fans on both sides. Choosing between them is entirely subjective and is a decision that you alone can make.

When in doubt, re-format.

If you care a lot about RGB, Features! Macros!, random shit you don't need!

Also +1 for ergonomics on this one as well. very nice shape

get the tyon

Same with the G502, only thing I like it is the ergonomics, other than that Meh, sensor is good on the 502 though

its down to this, Do you want more macros. Yes, then Tyon, No then 502

If you are serious about gaming, the tyon uses a laser sensor which is ew, xD 

502's sensor isn't the best either, a 3310 beats it imo 

(I dislike mice over 100g+ so i wouldn't use these but that is my preference)

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Mice are so subjective, it is hard to say which you will prefer more.

If you have the option, go into your local store and actually try holding both of the mice to see which fits your hand better.

They are both good quality mice with die hard fans on both sides. Choosing between them is entirely subjective and is a decision that you alone can make.

Of course, I know.

I'd just like to hear what each side has to say about either of the mice. So I can try to see which one I like better (feature-wise etc)

Or to hear what problem each side hat with their mouse. 
My biggest fear when buying a mouse, is just that the sensor doesn't work that well. And I heard that the roccat hat exactly this problem

1 minute ago, LetsFailNoob said:

-snip-

Well having used the 502 for the last 2 years as my daily mouse, I can HIGHLY recommend it. I have rather large hands, and use a hybrid claw/palm grip most of the time. The software for it is pretty good, super comfy in my hand, and the placement of all 9 (I think) buttons is excellent.

Also the sensor on the 502 is fantastic with absolutely zero acceleration, if that's your cup of tea.

56 minutes ago, Aytex said:

502's sensor isn't the best either, a 3310 beats it imo 

And which mice are using this sensor?

52 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Well having used the 502 for the last 2 years as my daily mouse, I can HIGHLY recommend it. I have rather large hands, and use a hybrid claw/palm grip most of the time. The software for it is pretty good, super comfy in my hand, and the placement of all 9 (I think) buttons is excellent.

Also the sensor on the 502 is fantastic with absolutely zero acceleration, if that's your cup of tea.

Did/Do you have problems with the mouse buttons and/or the teflon feet ?

I have a 502 spectrum and I love the feel of it, I do find the scroll wheel slightly weird feeling when scrolling, but hyper scrolling is cool. I can't speak of the other one but it is really subjective. The 502 does have a great sensor though.

1 hour ago, LetsFailNoob said:

Did/Do you have problems with the mouse buttons and/or the teflon feet ?

Love everything about the mouse. Haven't had any problems with it. The only thing even remotely resembling a problem is if you want to use the "g-shift" function with the forward most thumb button, it is hard to press that at the same time as the other thumb buttons. Total non-issue though for me as "G-shift" is not a feature I use.

Explanation of the feature: G-shift allows you to assign a secondary function to each button on the mouse while the g-shift key is being pressed.

Also, I cant speak as to the Roccat since I have never used one, but I have heard great things about it online.