CPU Runs at 0.8ghz. Tried Everything. :( Help!

Go to solution Solved by Dago,
4 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Yea but when in windows his cpu sensors read normal so whats going on there?

UPDATE!

Downloaded a program ,after 7 hours of troubleshooting everything with a tech friend, called throttlestop. Boom. The pc runs like brand new.. Heroes of the storm fps is up to 120fps and everything other game is running way above 60!

Hi!
My CPU is running at 0.8ghz instead of 3,2ghz. I have tried everything from resetting the battery on the motherboard, loading defaults, disabling every power saving thing i can find, setting the max and min to 100%.

Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Only problem i can see is that my system temperature in the bios shows 127c, which i know is not an actual temp but i am wondering if this could be throttling the cpu in some way. 

Any other things i can try before just taking it in for repairs. 

I have 
Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
XFX Radeon r9 280x
8gb ddr3 corsair vengeance pro black
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV motherboard
Cooler Master GX II 650W

is its actually or is it just saying that 

Everyone should own a vive.

Not too sure, but the CPU should be under 50c while idle. They throttle at 100c. Does it feel hot?

Computers r fun

6 minutes ago, Dago said:

Only problem i can see is that my system temperature in the bios shows 127c, which i know is not an actual temp but i am wondering if this could be throttling the cpu in some way

Yes, this would in every way be throttling your CPU. Make sure that it isn't ACTUALLY running that hot. To do this, open the case, run the computer and touch the heatsink. If its suuuuper hot, then it may in fact be running at that temp, if it just feels "pretty warm" then your thermal sensor is gone.

When in doubt, re-format.

2 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

Yes, this would in every way be throttling your CPU. Make sure that it isn't ACTUALLY running that hot. To do this, open the case, run the computer and touch the heatsink. If its suuuuper hot, then it may in fact be running at that temp, if it just feels "pretty warm" then your thermal sensor is gone.

And if the cooler isn't even warm, then the problem is that it's not properly making contact with the CPU, and that's why it's overheating.

If it's reading 127C then shouldn't the computer shut down to prevent damage?

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

1 hour ago, Dago said:

Hi!
My CPU is running at 0.8ghz instead of 3,2ghz. I have tried everything from resetting the battery on the motherboard, loading defaults, disabling every power saving thing i can find, setting the max and min to 100%.

Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Only problem i can see is that my system temperature in the bios shows 127c, which i know is not an actual temp but i am wondering if this could be throttling the cpu in some way. 

Any other things i can try before just taking it in for repairs. 

I have 
Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
XFX Radeon r9 280x
8gb ddr3 corsair vengeance pro black
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV motherboard
Cooler Master GX II 650W

I'm worried dude... I had a GPU chip die before, actually 2 in my life that the chip died..... the temp would jump way high in just a few seconds.... hopefully it's not ur chip.

9 hours ago, MANIDY inc said:

is its actually or is it just saying that 

Every hardware monitoring software i have used says my cpu is at arouned 30-35c just in my bios it shows 127c system temp.

9 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Not too sure, but the CPU should be under 50c while idle. They throttle at 100c. Does it feel hot?

The thing is that hardware monitoring software says that it is around 30-35c just in the bios does it show up as 127c system temperature. The cpu part is that my CPU is runnig at 1/4 of its performance constantly. So not sure what that means in terms of the sensor throttling things. 

9 hours ago, lettuce head said:

sounds like your thermal sensor has seen its last day my friend.

Yeah? Would this affect throttling?

9 hours ago, steffeeh said:

If it's reading 127C then shouldn't the computer shut down to prevent damage?

I dont think it actually is anywhere close to that. I think that it is just throttling.

9 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

The cpu heatsink isnt even warm to the touch. I think the sensor is gone. Could this actually throttling things this bad?

2 minutes ago, Dago said:

I dont think it actually is anywhere close to that. I think that it is just throttling.

if it was throttling it wouldnt run at .8 consistently no? it would start higher then throttle down the hotter it gets. I would try Re seating the CPU and re applying the thermal paste just to make sure, but seems like a software problem more than a hardware prioblem.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

3 minutes ago, cadd said:

if it was throttling it wouldnt run at .8 consistently no? it would start higher then throttle down the hotter it gets. I would try Re seating the CPU and re applying the thermal paste just to make sure, but seems like a software problem more than a hardware prioblem.

I have done this already unfortunately, i think i just have to take it in :(

Just now, Shadow_Storm56 said:

127c........ what's with that number it seems to appear alot in cpu glicheS. 

Thats why i have kind of ignored it as of late until i realised that my CPU was running at this constantly low 0.800ghz

Just now, Dago said:

I have done this already unfortunately, i think i just have to take it in :(

maybe if the cpu thermal sensor is damaged and thinks its running really hot it and constantly throttling down... 

idk id search google for any that has had the same problem, i doubt its your cpu, try resetting your mobo BIOS

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

Just now, cadd said:

maybe if the cpu thermal sensor is damaged and thinks its running really hot it and constantly throttling down... 

idk id search google for any that has had the same problem, i doubt its your cpu, try resetting your mobo BIOS

Ive tried pretty much all of the above and cant find a solution anywhere on the internet.

1 minute ago, Dago said:

Ive tried pretty much all of the above and cant find a solution anywhere on the internet.

what mobo do u have?

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

2 minutes ago, Dago said:

Thats why i have kind of ignored it as of late until i realised that my CPU was running at this constantly low 0.800ghz

I think it's a max reading on some cpu sensors...... which usually means a bad sensor. but if it shows Normal in ur is then idk. have you tried manually setting the clock.... like overclocking it but not really? also I think there are ways to make the sensor ignored 

7 minutes ago, Dago said:

Also usually if a cpu overhears right away it'll show a warning on boot

21 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

I think it's a max reading on some cpu sensors...... which usually means a bad sensor. but if it shows Normal in ur is then idk. have you tried manually setting the clock.... like overclocking it but not really? also I think there are ways to make the sensor ignored 

I havent found anything that actually disables it tho :( 

36 minutes ago, Dago said:

Yeah? Would this affect throttling?

if the thermal sensor is saying your cpu is at 127C then it would send info saying, hey this thing is really hot can you slow it down until its not going to fry eggs. the cpu would then throttle until it comes down in temperature, if the cpu doesn't do so (or possibly in this case the thermal sensor gives a reading saying it hasn't) it will continue to throttle... hard...