Windows Experience Index gone in 8.1

SirReallySam

was a good idea for people going to a big box shop who know nothing about computers.

but for someone like me I think I looked st it once put of curiosity, so I don't mind its gone.

It would have been nice if it had updated with time. Have a scaling of 1 to 10.

If your CPU is one of the best you can get at that time, rank it a 10. Then come 2 years if your CPU is better than 80% of what is out there, rank it an 8. Yes, it would require some more work on Microsoft's end, but to someone who doesn't know anything about computers? It would be perfect.

Joe Shmo buys a computer and everything is rated a 10. He notices that after 4 years it's not as fast as he wants with newer software. Takes a look at the rating system and sees that that the rated 10 hardware has aged and is now rated at a 7. Instead of having to buy an entire new computer, he could see that his CPU is now rated a 8 and his GPU a 7 while his RAM and SSD are still at a 9. Then the person knows exactly what is becoming outdated and what the computers needs upgraded.

That would have given the WEI a purpose.

It would have been nice if it had updated with time. Have a scaling of 1 to 10.

If your CPU is one of the best you can get at that time, rank it a 10. Then come 2 years if your CPU is better than 80% of what is out there, rank it an 8. Yes, it would require some more work on Microsoft's end, but to someone who doesn't know anything about computers? It would be perfect.

Joe Shmo buys a computer and everything is rated a 10. He notices that after 4 years it's not as fast as he wants with newer software. Takes a look at the rating system and sees that that the rated 10 hardware has aged and is now rated at a 7. Instead of having to buy an entire new computer, he could see that his CPU is now rated a 8 and his GPU a 7 while his RAM and SSD are still at a 9. Then the person knows exactly what is becoming outdated and what the computers needs upgraded.

That would have given the WEI a purpose.

OOOO I like that ;)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?