Server computer

Ebone97

Hey guys so I'm here with a question that I have been riddle with for a while. So I got a little compacted HP desktop and the goal for it was to host server for me and my friend. Well most of the server aren't really  demanding(teamspeak 3, minecraft, mumble and others like that but I have start getting in to more demanding game servers like ark survival evolved and I only have 4 Gb (I plan to get 32gb) of ram now I know that's low...very low so my question would be should i get server ram? I mean I'm using using it as a server but is not specifically a server computer so I'm not sure it would benefit. The computer runs the servers 24/7 and here's a link to and computer that is the same https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16883285672 

Now I did up grade the processor to a quad-core processor. My other question would be is there anything i can add to make it better?  

Thanks for the help ahead of time 

Ethan 

You dont need server RAM.

You are not running a multi-thousand dollar file and data server.

Get generic DDR3/4 ram

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

the CPU is the problem more then the RAM, sure 8GB would help but the CPU is way to weak for a decent server

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I run 2 servers, one with a security camera system and another with a website and a few game servers. with all spare power going to boinc stuff. you do not need ecc ram.... all you need is ddr3 with a decent heatsink. 16 or 32gb of ram. I'd stay around 8 or 16g to start..