How to burn in headphones?

mads243

Hi guys

I just got my brand new headphones, and i just wanted to know how to burn in my headphones. I heard about burning in headphones when i watched Linus and Slick talking about in a video, don't remember which one. I wanted to know, what is it and what should i do.

Hi guys

I just got my brand new headphones, and i just wanted to know how to burn in my headphones. I heard about burning in headphones when i watched Linus and Slick talking about in a video, don't remember which one. I wanted to know, what is it and what should i do.

Just use them.... a lot.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

it's kind of a placebo thing to be honest, just use a sine wave for an hour or 2 and that should be enough to smooth it out

it's kind of a placebo thing to be honest, just use a sine wave for an hour or 2 and that should be enough to smooth it out

Not really, there's proof that it works.

Standard burn in time is 20 hours. Just plug them in and play music and loud volumes.

Not really, there's proof that it works.

Standard burn in time is 20 hours. Just plug them in and play music and loud volumes.

it's minimal though, also do you think it's fine to just have them running for 20 hours straight?

it's minimal though, also do you think it's fine to just have them running for 20 hours straight?

Yeah it's fine. Just electricity moving a coil. I wouldn't say minimal, I've had a few pair of headphones sound much better overtime. It depends on each headphone.

Ok, tank you guys for the info, ill just them now  :) .

Put em in the oven with medium heat.That'll do.. :P JK

Just play your favourite songs on loop with a bit higher than normal listening volume.