Offical_Meep

Which Gtx 1070 should i get?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH GTX 1070?

• EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    • ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition
    • MSI GTX 1070
    • Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
  2. 2. does the gtx 1070 ftw fit in the corsair carbide air 240 Case?

• Yeee
    • nah

I really dont know which one out preforms which? 

i would really appreiciate the help!

also btw does the gtx 1070 ftw fit in the corsair carbide air 240 Case?

Thanks

First question is really your choice, pick whichever you think looks the coolest :P

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

2 minutes ago, H4X3R said:

Cheapest

IDC about the budget im just asking in general which one outpreforms which

3 minutes ago, Offical_Meep said:

IDC about the budget im just asking in general which one outpreforms which

overclocking is generally luck dependent so just get the cheapest. in terms of noise asus and msi are at the top

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

16 minutes ago, Offical_Meep said:

I really dont know which one out preforms which? 

i would really appreiciate the help!

also btw does the gtx 1070 ftw fit in the corsair carbide air 240 Case?

Thanks

evga can do cool RGB stuff with audio and gpu usage etc.

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

the Strix will outperform the others, just because of that factory OC. but if you oc the others as well there will be little to no difference 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

@Offical_Meep If you OC them all you will see no tangible perf in game. Maybe a couple points on benchmarking. The 10 series cards are all notoriously consistent overclockers. 

Basically:

get the one you think looks the best. And OC it. And poof, you are done.

48 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Why are people still eVGA fanboys? You literally risk getting a card without proper VRM cooling. 

Because there was no thermal issues, this has been proven to be the case. If more people understood how vram works they would understand that.

Now on to the actual issues. Thus far, it has been a capacitor issues. All failures have been a capacitor failure and not thermal issues. This is an issue from the capacitor build house and not EVGA and likely only in a small batch of cards.

So the real question is, why do you want to bash a company with no actual understanding or knowledge of what is going on?

Jay was wrong. He will admit it soon. Vram temps operate up to around 150C so no, there was no issues there. Do your research.

EVGA has said they did the pads and bios to help lower temps, but that it was not actually needed.

I got the Asus strix OC and I love it.

It does OC out of the box itself to 2000 mhz.

And I was able to get it to 2114 Mhz with manual OC and the card itself , even after 4 hours of Battlefield 1, never went over 61c   so temperature stays cool all the time

This is why I hate the internet. To many people talk and know nothing. This includes Jay, which he admits to not being knowledgeable in this area and was just repeating what he was told.

I have nothin against EVGA, always used to buy EVGA, but this pascal serie, EVGA are not the best in my opinion.

MSI,Asus,Gigabyte, all run cooler than EVGA.

Just so u know :P

Are you an idiot? You don't want to hear facts because they don't work with your ideals of how your life works. Come on kid.

EVGA did "damage control" because of internet flame boys like you who don't care about the truth.

I have used Asus ROG cards and motherboards in the past and the ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition Graphic Card STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Boost Clock 1860 MHz according to specs.  The EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, RGB LED,  Double BIOS, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6276-KR EVGA FTW boost clock speed is 1797 MHz.  Basically it all depends on what you want,  Me personally I'm looking at the EVGA for use with the EVGA High Bandwidth SLI Bridge, so it's kind of an aesthetics thing for me.  Really you can't go wrong the 1070 whether it's EVGA, ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte.  I'm not overclocking so I am going with features and price that match my needs.  Also look at the reviews for each of these cards from more than one source and see what each card specs out at performing certain tasks.  Then choose the one that matches what you will primarily be using it for. I have used all of these brands in one form or another and never had problems with any of them, other than buying more than what I needed and would use.  I have learned to look at all the features and specs and only get the board that has exactly what I need and maybe something extra just to play around with if the mood hits me.  It's all up too you buddy.  Do a lot of research and plan the build like you would a house.  That way you get at least a couple of years of use out of it if not more depending on what you are doing with it. Good Luck.

Do you understand how particular electrical parts work?

I'm about free speech, but if you are saying your opinion state it. However, don't pass your opinion as facts. This is how bad advice turns into huge issues moving forward for companies and of course who ever is in the discussion.

Watch the videos I listed above, they do a great job of explaining why there was never a thermal issue.

4 minutes ago, Zanshire said:

I have used Asus ROG cards and motherboards in the past and the ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition Graphic Card STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Boost Clock 1860 MHz according to specs.  The EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, RGB LED,  Double BIOS, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6276-KR EVGA FTW boost clock speed is 1797 MHz.  Basically it all depends on what you want,  Me personally I'm looking at the EVGA for use with the EVGA High Bandwidth SLI Bridge, so it's kind of an aesthetics thing for me.  Really you can't go wrong the 1070 whether it's EVGA, ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte.  I'm not overclocking so I am going with features and price that match my needs.  Also look at the reviews for each of these cards from more than one source and see what each card specs out at performing certain tasks.  Then choose the one that matches what you will primarily be using it for. I have used all of these brands in one form or another and never had problems with any of them, other than buying more than what I needed and would use.  I have learned to look at all the features and specs and only get the board that has exactly what I need and maybe something extra just to play around with if the mood hits me.  It's all up too you buddy.  Do a lot of research and plan the build like you would a house.  That way you get at least a couple of years of use out of it if not more depending on what you are doing with it. Good Luck.

Unless you are running 4k or higher you don't need the HB bridge unless you just want one of course.

1 minute ago, Reflecting said:

Unless you are running 4k or higher you don't need the HB bridge unless you just want one of course.

I completely agree but I personally will be running a 4K setup, mainly because it's just one of those extra things I want.  :-)   If you're on a budget then go with what you need or build in a sequence that will get you close to what your dream might be.

Nice, I have reviewed several various GTX 10xx series cards this year. When looking at say the 1070 like we are here, they are all basically the same overall. Thermals can change a bit because of the cooler, but that is about it. They all over clock nearly the same. So get what looks good and fits your budget. I don't think most of us will ever find a large enough difference to suggest going with band A or brand B honestly.

Overall, we know it's not just the GPU that is going to make all the difference but all the hardware as a whole and the type of controllers and interfaces working all in sync.  That's what will set the system apart as far as overall performance in not just gaming but multiple categories.

1 minute ago, Jorgen297 said:

Who do you review for? I agree with this, but I still think consumers should be educated about VRM stuff. 

I would honestly rather not say. I should have left that part out as I don't feel that the company I work for should validate or discredit my opinions.

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

I just wanted to know what review site would call people idiots lol, and not in the leftists liberal cuck "I'm gonna notify your employer, tell them I'm an avid user of the site, and try to get you fired"-way, but more in a rational "this guy tells it like it is"-way. 

Not sure what it says about this place, but I would likely employee of the month for it lmao.

Honestly though, we normally all enjoy at least one good laugh each month at a company meeting over some internet posts and such. However, we also all share the "wft" moments more often then not. In all honesty I don't think EVGA should have ever sent the pads or bios updates until they resolved the capacitor issue. However, either way they did show they have great customer service if nothing else.

@Offical_Meep I didn't look at a lot of things other than crazy overclock and stuff I liked on this build I did.  I think I was just trying to see what I could do and learn at the same time.  Learned a lot on this particular build especially going overkill on certain hardware on extras I would never have used.  Now the desk, I did for fun.  The wiring is not managed well as apparent from the pictures but it ran cool and performed better than I had hoped.  This was the system that started me on building my own wires and sleeving my own cables and now I know to research thoroughly and know all aspects of system building if you want a good system if not great without compromise and nor paying for stuff you need.  So Yes I agree with learning everything you can about the hardware and how it works before you build.  Of course spending money on lighting the system just right, I feel I could never go wrong on now.  To each their own.  I and my son will start new builds after the beginning of the year as well.  So good luck on your build and would love to see the finished product.  Just put some pictures of my old build from about 7 years ago give or take. 

15.jpg

4.jpg

20.jpg

My first real Major entertainment and work build..jpg