Xbox One Controller

Andster29

I am trying to make sure I buy the correct Xbox controller as I know nothing about the different options from Microsoft. I really want to get a controller to use for more causale gaming. I would prefer an Xbox controller that does not need a wire. I already have a bluetooth dongle on my computer and would prefer to use that. Does anyone know of the correct controller to get? 

2 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

I am trying to make sure I buy the correct Xbox controller as I know nothing about the different options from Microsoft. I really want to get a controller to use for more causale gaming. I would prefer an Xbox controller that does not need a wire. I already have a bluetooth dongle on my computer and would prefer to use that. Does anyone know of the correct controller to get? 

I believe you need to get the specific XBOX One for PC dongle.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/windows-wireless-adapter/

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

There is a specific one that is bluetooth. They are the ones that come with the Xbox One S not the original. They should state in the specs which it is.

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That is a very nice graphic. Thank you very much. Still sadly no built in rechargeable battery. 

Just now, Andster29 said:

That is a very nice graphic. Thank you very much. Still sadly no built in rechargeable battery. 

yep and you have top look out my Bluetooth dongle was incompatible (refused to pair) with the controller so I still needed the adapter.

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

6 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

yep and you have top look out my Bluetooth dongle was incompatible (refused to pair) with the controller so I still needed the adapter.

So it is hit or miss with bluetooth adaptors?

Just now, Andster29 said:

So it is hit or miss with bluetooth adaptors?

yea I think you need Bluetooth 4.x (my adapter was old)

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

3 hours ago, Andster29 said:

@Matt_98 @deXxterlab97 Do you guys feel the Steam controller is worth it considering it is $5 less than the Xbox controller right now?

Do you think you can handle the touch pads in place of joy sticks?

Also do your thumbs at 2 and 10 o'clock bother you? (Apparently this bothers some people...)

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Do you think you can handle the touch pads in place of joy sticks?

Also do your thumbs at 2 and 10 o'clock bother you? (Apparently this bothers some people...)

I think I can handle it. I really haven't used controllers before. I am pretty good at adjusting to whatever is thrown at me. Do you still need to use the Steam controller in big picture mode for it to work properly? I am really in between the two devices at the current prices. I just don't like how there is not a rechargeable battery option for the Steam controller. 

1 minute ago, Andster29 said:

I think I can handle it. I really haven't used controllers before. I am pretty good at adjusting to whatever is thrown at me. Do you still need to use the Steam controller in big picture mode for it to work properly? I am really in between the two devices at the current prices. I just don't like how there is not a rechargeable battery option for the Steam controller. 

I don't believe you need to have Steam Big Picture mode for the controller to work (it would be a dumb decision anyway). But compatibility and usability seems hit and miss. I'd look at some reviews, my quick glance at some didn't paint a rosy picture.

If anything though, an Xbox controller is better for compatibility reasons. And you can use Joy2Key if you want to remap it to keyboard/mouse commands.

30 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't believe you need to have Steam Big Picture mode for the controller to work (it would be a dumb decision anyway). But compatibility and usability seems hit and miss. I'd look at some reviews, my quick glance at some didn't paint a rosy picture.

If anything though, an Xbox controller is better for compatibility reasons. And you can use Joy2Key if you want to remap it to keyboard/mouse commands.

Alrighty sounds good. Thank you.