New Gaming PC! (Budget)

Coolnesgamer

Good Choice! just go with what you want man!

But would you recommend it/ how can i improve it? 

Well, I wouldn't recommend it for a lower end build.  I would recommend an AMD card.  Or if you want to with Nvidia, to choose a card that suits your needs.  Before I can say I recommend it or not I need to know what games you want to play, what settings, and what resolution you want to play them on.  For example if you were to run bf4 on min settings, 720p then the 650 ti would have no issues in giving you a totally playable experience.  However thats only an estimate.  So for the benifit of you, I'll say it can easily run Battlefield 3 on minimum at 720p.  And if your looking at playing higher, you'll have 2 ways to go with Nvidia.  1: play on low settings, on 720p and AA turned off ect  2: sacrifice CPU cores and clocks for a better and more balanced gaming experience.  I also need to know what CPU intensive tasks your going to do, because you may not even need 6 cores at all! I also know that most gamers, at least the ones I know who are with AMD go for the A10 CPU, just like allot of gamers go for an i5 with intel. So I'll work on a build with the 650 ti for you if you want :).  But heres one I recently thought up with AMD http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1UzFo

And about improving it, the only real way to do it, is to sacrifice some RAM and some CPU power, or some money to get a better GPU.  The 650 TI boost OC.  Provides totally enough to play bf3 on low at 1080p with around 45-70fps. (single monitor)

And about improving it, the only real way to do it, is to sacrifice some RAM and some CPU power, or some money to get a better GPU.  The 650 TI boost OC.  Provides totally enough to play bf3 on low at 1080p with around 45-70fps. (single monitor)

Ok so if I increase my budget a bit ($100-$200) I could get a mid - high end card that would run bf4 at medium+ settings 60fps 1080p single monitor. I really like fx 6300 because it 6 core ( I know bf4 will take advantage of it) and good I wont be doing anything CPU intense I will be doing simple stuff like web browsing etc.   Thanks for helping me btw.  

Ok so if I increase my budget a bit ($100-$200) I could get a mid - high end card that would run bf4 at medium+ settings 60fps 1080p single monitor. I really like fx 6300 because it 6 core ( I know bf4 will take advantage of it) and good I wont be doing anything CPU intense I will be doing simple stuff like web browsing etc.   Thanks for helping me btw.  

No worries, if you aren't doing CPU intense stuff, you can always go down to 4GB of high speed RAM.  Which could improve bf4 performance.  Because I hear quite a bit that bf4 like higher speed RAM.  So you can either have your 8-16GB RAM or have 4GB high speed RAM.  And about the CPU.  I'm just worried its too old.  And as a good gpu, you can go for the GTX 650 TI boost OC edition by EVGA, to get low - med settings with a solid FPS.  Or you can go up to a 660, for around the mid-high settings with a solid fps or even more, (these cards can really do more than that, I'm just saying that to make sure I'm 100% accurate).  So yeah, you want to go for a modernish CPU with the right technologies to take full advantage of bf4, and the best part is that with Nvidia cards you get the Geforce Experience, which can automatically tune your game settings to the most optimal ones for your rig.  So get a 660 if you can afford it, otherwise a GTX 650 TI Boost will do the trick.  Although I would defiantly re-think your motherboard and stuff, as you want to have a solid motherboard brand.  Preferably Asus or Gigibyte, yet really any solid brand is good, you also want to choose a really good power supply, Corsair, Silverstone, Seasonic and Enermax are all really solid brands.  You also want to get a psu with at least 80+ bronze.  You also need a solid case, one that looks good so you can take pride in your system and make it look beautiful. You also want to get a CPU that can stay really cool and stable too, because AMD is good, but I've had their APUs die before of burn-outs.  So get a good cooler. You might also want to check around for battlefield 4 requirements and check to see what others are using in the way of hardware for bf4, you also want to make sure to have money set aside for a Windows license. 

No worries, if you aren't doing CPU intense stuff, you can always go down to 4GB of high speed RAM.  Which could improve bf4 performance.  Because I hear quite a bit that bf4 like higher speed RAM.  So you can either have your 8-16GB RAM or have 4GB high speed RAM.  And about the CPU.  I'm just worried its too old.  And as a good gpu, you can go for the GTX 650 TI boost OC edition by EVGA, to get low - med settings with a solid FPS.  Or you can go up to a 660, for around the mid-high settings with a solid fps or even more, (these cards can really do more than that, I'm just saying that to make sure I'm 100% accurate).  So yeah, you want to go for a modernish CPU with the right technologies to take full advantage of bf4, and the best part is that with Nvidia cards you get the Geforce Experience, which can automatically tune your game settings to the most optimal ones for your rig.  So get a 660 if you can afford it, otherwise a GTX 650 TI Boost will do the trick.  Although I would defiantly re-think your motherboard and stuff, as you want to have a solid motherboard brand.  Preferably Asus or Gigibyte, yet really any solid brand is good, you also want to choose a really good power supply, Corsair, Silverstone, Seasonic and Enermax are all really solid brands.  You also want to get a psu with at least 80+ bronze.  You also need a solid case, one that looks good so you can take pride in your system and make it look beautiful. You also want to get a CPU that can stay really cool and stable too, because AMD is good, but I've had their APUs die before of burn-outs.  So get a good cooler. You might also want to check around for battlefield 4 requirements and check to see what others are using in the way of hardware for bf4, you also want to make sure to have money set aside for a Windows license. 

Yea Im going to rethink ram/motherboard/Psu I really  want 8 gb of ram So I will look for cheaper one and for the motherboard as long as it has usb 3.0 Im happy. I really like the look of the 660 ti but it far out of my budget so I might just get the 650 ti and overclock it!!!!!! The Psu is 80+ But I will get cheaper one. Bf4 recommends geforce 600's and 8 gb of ram. BUT if I can get some more money anytime so I will diffidently look at amd cards because they are better on bf4!!! Thanks I will be building this in December so I hope There are some specials at Christmas. Damm I dont have a windows license or key So I will probably buy a cheap one. :D   

Yea Im going to rethink ram/motherboard/Psu I really  want 8 gb of ram So I will look for cheaper one and for the motherboard as long as it has usb 3.0 Im happy. I really like the look of the 660 ti but it far out of my budget so I might just get the 650 ti and overclock it!!!!!! The Psu is 80+ But I will get cheaper one. Bf4 recommends geforce 600's and 8 gb of ram. BUT if I can get some more money anytime so I will diffidently look at amd cards because they are better on bf4!!! Thanks I will be building this in December so I hope There are some specials at Christmas. Damm I dont have a windows license or key So I will probably buy a cheap one. :D   

If you have an old laptop or something with the shiny sticker on the back, thats the license.  You can just use a windows disk in that case.  Otherwise you need to purchase a license. If you are going to be using a graphics card you really don't need 1600mhz, you can do with 1333mhz.  Also by don't cheap out on the motherboard I mean, whether it has USB 3.0 or not motherboards are a popular part that fails, when not chosen correctly.  So please becareful.  And you don't need the 660 ti, just the 660.  And you can get the 650 TI BOOST for not much more that the 650 ti,http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-650-Ti-vs--9223372036830241824 hope this helps, good luck :)

If you have an old laptop or something with the shiny sticker on the back, thats the license.  You can just use a windows disk in that case.  Otherwise you need to purchase a license. If you are going to be using a graphics card you really don't need 1600mhz, you can do with 1333mhz.  Also by don't cheap out on the motherboard I mean, whether it has USB 3.0 or not motherboards are a popular part that fails, when not chosen correctly.  So please becareful.  And you don't need the 660 ti, just the 660.  And you can get the 650 TI BOOST for not much more that the 650 ti,http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-650-Ti-vs--9223372036830241824 hope this helps, good luck :)

Thanks I now know what I want, I will get 8gb 1333mhz and a cheaper motherboard. I'll stick with the 650 ti oc If I cant get anymore money!!!!! Thanks alot Bro Thanks

Thanks I now know what I want, I will get 8gb 1333mhz and a cheaper motherboard. I'll stick with the 650 ti oc If I cant get anymore money!!!!! Thanks alot Bro Thanks

k, good luck building it!

k, good luck building it!

Thankssss cant wait I will post pictures, you have been very helpful !!!! thanks very much. You dont mind if I add you as a friend? 

Thankssss cant wait I will post pictures, you have been very helpful !!!! thanks very much. You dont mind if I add you as a friend? 

No you can add me as a friend if you want! and I'm looking forward to the pics :) and your welcome

No you can add me as a friend if you want! and I'm looking forward to the pics :) and your welcome

Thanks alot Bro

I will try look for cheaper ram/ motherboard, I really like the 650ti oc 2gb Because of great cooling but if you think the amd cards are better I will have a look. I will probably need 8gb of ram and the fx-6300 Because I like to run CPU intense programs. And if i were to go with Gtx 650 ti oc Would I get any free games at Christmas?   Thanks DAT FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Would you recommend the 

Gigabyte 

Radeon HD 7850 

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr785oc2gd

For some perspective:

650 Ti < 650 Ti boost < 660 < 7850

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For some perspective:

650 Ti < 650 Ti boost < 660 < 7850

Ohh ok thanks

Hello everyone!, I'm planing to build a new Gaming PC For $800-$900 NZ ( about $650 US). 

I really want to be able to play next gen titles (bf4, watch dogs etc) at medium to high settings @ 30 fps min.

This is what I've come up with so far, but I would love to hear any suggestions on what I can improve from you guys! (please don't go over budget)

CPU Amd Fx-6300 @3.5GHz 6 core $163.31

MOTHERBOARD ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 AM3+ $117.00

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws XSeries 8gb (2 x 4) 1600 DDR3 $126.00

STORAGE 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200RPM $98.00

VIDEOCARD  (Edited) 

GIGABYTE GV-N65TBOC-2GD GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB

CASE Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case $88.21

PSU Corsair VS550 550 watt  $76.00

Total $864.12

Thanks, Brandon

here is my suggestion for your build

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/1VsLn

post-30748-0-00715800-1383211805_thumb.j

post-30748-0-01563400-1383211889_thumb.j

If you have an old laptop or something with the shiny sticker on the back, thats the license.  You can just use a windows disk in that case.  Otherwise you need to purchase a license.

what do you mean by this? legally you can use a downloaded version of windows 7 if you already have a product (ie laptop or old desktop) that has windows 7?

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

what do you mean by this? legally you can use a downloaded version of windows 7 if you already have a product (ie laptop or old desktop) that has windows 7?

I guess so if you transfer the license, but if you currently have an old laptop or desktop that was pre-built. With a legit version of windows, there is a gold sticker with the license on it.  On the side of the case for desktops usually or on the bottom usually for laptops.  You can ring up Microsoft and ask them about it if your unsure, because if you currently have an old pc with a legit license, a legal one.  You can transfer it to your new pc. And its usually for no cost whatsoever. However if you don't you'll need to buy a windows license.

Yea nar Maybe

man, just go with your heart.

I guess so if you transfer the license, but if you currently have an old laptop or desktop that was pre-built. With a legit version of windows, there is a gold sticker with the license on it.  On the side of the case for desktops usually or on the bottom usually for laptops.  You can ring up Microsoft and ask them about it if your unsure, because if you currently have an old pc with a legit license, a legal one.  You can transfer it to your new pc. And its usually for no cost whatsoever. However if you don't you'll need to buy a windows license.

how do you transfer it? (ps my laptop has a key)

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

man, just go with your heart.

My Heart is with my current build The graphic card can run bf4 at 60 fps high :D :D :D :D :D 

how do you transfer it? (ps my laptop has a key)

Umm, if its on a laptop I'm pretty sure you need to call up Microsoft and get it transferred 

My Heart is with my current build The graphic card can run bf4 at 60 fps high :D :D :D :D :D

Nice!  make sure to post pictures.