[Build Help] Budget mATX build with Asus ROG Strix RX470 (and I need a case)

TL;DR: I need a small case (detaills at point 7).

1. Budget & Location

Strictly less or equal than €800. €650 ($US 688.54, $CAD 931.55, $AUD 925) for the PC. Spain.

2. Aim

Gaming, light software development and general tasks.

I primarily aimed towards gaming on 1080p 60FPS at least at medium settings. Games that I'm interested in are Battlefield 1, Titan Fall 2, The Division, (I think this is enough to understand what types of games I want to run on this build), and some other games which are less demanding, I think (Overwatch, CS:GO, WoT, WoWs...). I researched different types of mid-range GPUs, and RX470 looks promising (high setting 1080p 80FPS on BF1).

3. Monitors

1 monitor. No plan to add more. 1920 x 1080.

4. Peripherals

The remaining €150 will be for keyboard, monitor and some other stuff that I don't know right now, like cables, cooling stuff, thermal paste... I don't need OS.

5. Why are you upgrading?

The main purpose of this build is to upgrade from my 4 years old MSI GE60 laptop to a nice small desktop with a lifespan of 5 to 6 years.

6. Planned parts

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RxkFKZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RxkFKZ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus H110M-D Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($57.45 @ Jet) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 470 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($191.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $520.31

7. Stuff that I need help

• First, a easy one, is this build optimal for the budget?

• Now my real question: I don't have much room for a desktop, so I'm looking for a compact case, mATX one. I've 2 candidates: HIDITEC SLM20 (330 x 430 x 100mm) and TACENS ORUM III (427 x 300 x 100 mm). I think it might fit, but I'm not sure. I would like to know if my build fits in these cases. Any other suggestion is nice. May use PCI riser for GPU. If it's too complicated, I might switch to a relatively small ATX size. Any suggestion is also nice.

• Should I add a CPU cooler or the stock one is enough?

• About monitor: BENQ GL2250 looks nice, opinion?

8. Additional stuff

Here there are a couple of deals, Gigabyte H110M-Gaming 3 and MSI RX470 8GB, at almost same price as above. Recommended do get them?

Stick with stock cooler. it's good enough. The only thing i would say about that build is that you should upgrade to i5 6500 by any chance. (ofc if it's not extremely higher in price) It would be very worth to do it

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

Stick with stock cooler. it's good enough. The only thing i would say about that build is that you should upgrade to i5 6500 by any chance. (ofc if it's not extremely higher in price) It would be very worth to do it

Thanks for the reply. i5 6500 is €30 more expensive than i5 6400 here, which surpasses my budget.

3 minutes ago, nano852 said:

Thanks for the reply. i5 6500 is €30 more expensive than i5 6400 here, which surpasses my budget.

Hmm then stick with 6400. Also a great CPU :)

Built two i5 6400's and RX470's (MSI and Sapphire)

Both a brilliant combinations.

FULL GPU USAGE in all games tested.  (20 of them)

All Ultra spec details in all games too, and only the WItcher 3 (in CITY, not Elsewhere) dropped below 60fps to 50fps in the City areas.

Which is CPU related, but thats the ONLY dip under 60fps in the games tested.

Maximized in Detail @ 1080p was flawless.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

13 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

FULL GPU USAGE in all games tested.  (20 of them).

Are you implying the 6400 was gonna bottleneck a RX470? My ITX 1060 and 6400 has the 1060 pinned at 100% gaming so...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

32 minutes ago, Mi26 said:

Get a single 8Gb stick of ram and try to change to a 6500 

I choose 2 x 4GB to take advantage of double channel that the mobo offers. And as I said before, 6500 is not possible.

30 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Built two i5 6400's and RX470's (MSI and Sapphire)

Both a brilliant combinations.

FULL GPU USAGE in all games tested.  (20 of them)

All Ultra spec details in all games too, and only the WItcher 3 (in CITY, not Elsewhere) dropped below 60fps to 50fps in the City areas.

Which is CPU related, but thats the ONLY dip under 60fps in the games tested.

Maximized in Detail @ 1080p was flawless.

Sounds really good! Any suggestion for a compact case?

Any mATX or ATX case you can afford and like the look of. Any case is going to fit those components. Some cheap cases may be a bit flimsy, but it only needs to hold the parts together. You can get a better case when you can afford it .

This case, with power supply, gets good reviews. The power supply is not the best, but will do fine for a basic budget build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147081

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07232B1027

400watts is enough for your current config.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

4 hours ago, Quaker said:

Any mATX or ATX case you can afford and like the look of. Any case is going to fit those components. Some cheap cases may be a bit flimsy, but it only needs to hold the parts together. You can get a better case when you can afford it .

This case, with power supply, gets good reviews. The power supply is not the best, but will do fine for a basic budget build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147081

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07232B1027

400watts is enough for your current config.

Thanks, those cases looks slim for the GPU, which is about 140mm (5.5"). Would you recommend a 100mm (4") width case and use a riser card?

If the Corsair CX-450M is not too much more expensive, it is a much better psu. Seasonic makes an S12II430 that is usually priced very well and is also better than the CX-430.

Both cases mentioned require low profile expansion cards. The OP gpu is 129mm tall! It will not fit. Nor will most gaming gpu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

18 hours ago, nano852 said:

Thanks, those cases looks slim for the GPU, which is about 140mm (5.5"). Would you recommend a 100mm (4") width case and use a riser card?

Those cases are standard mATX cases, which means they have the "standard" height clearance for a "standard" card. The are not "slimline" or SFF cases which might require a low-profile card.

An RX 470 would fit just fine.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

On 28/11/2016 at 5:17 PM, Quaker said:

Those cases are standard mATX cases, which means they have the "standard" height clearance for a "standard" card. The are not "slimline" or SFF cases which might require a low-profile card.

An RX 470 would fit just fine.

Thanks for those suggestions. At the end I managed to install everything in a NOX Coolbay RX, a 175mm (6.88") width case. It barely fits, definetly not recommended.

18 hours ago, nano852 said:

It barely fits, definitely not recommended.

Unless, of course, you like a bit of a challenge. :)