Resetting Bios password on Dell Latitude 3340

No
Go to solution Solved by No,

hah i got it so i corrupted the drive and then put it in. it shows with the error allowing me to switch to my usb that can now read the hard drive and now im installing windows. :)

So I bought this laptop off some dude on ebay and it is empty. When I go to install an OS with a uefi boot on my usb with windows 10 it says theres a password but I don't know the password. I can't talk to the original owner because he's banned on eBay. ALSO I TRIED CONTACTING DELL BUT THE WARRANTY ENDED PLS SEND HELP

2 hours ago, Ronda said:

i tried finding if my laptop had this option and i found this on dells website:

portable systems built in 2004 or later, have NO HARDWARE PASSWORD RESET. To clear a BIOS/HDD password on these systems, you will need to contact Dell Techncial Suppor

4 hours ago, No said:

i tried finding if my laptop had this option and i found this on dells website:

portable systems built in 2004 or later, have NO HARDWARE PASSWORD RESET. To clear a BIOS/HDD password on these systems, you will need to contact Dell Techncial Suppor

You can't just pull the cmos? 

1 hour ago, Juggern0ttt said:

ive tried and nothing 

I don't get how it being out of warranty means they wouldn't let you reset the password. You're not saying it's defective. You're saying you want to reset the BIOS password.

Anyway, if you can't do it, file a dispute with ebay/paypal.

10 hours ago, Ronda said:

I don't get how it being out of warranty means they wouldn't let you reset the password. You're not saying it's defective. You're saying you want to reset the BIOS password.

I tried and they said its not covered

I might as well

22 hours ago, Ronda said:

On 11/26/2016 at 9:32 AM, Juggern0ttt said:

so ive been thinking of this and i realized itll forcefully boot from my usb if theres no hard drive in. i can boot a windows setup but im afraid the hard drive wont be read by setup if its in after i boot

hah i got it so i corrupted the drive and then put it in. it shows with the error allowing me to switch to my usb that can now read the hard drive and now im installing windows. :)