windows 10? still busted

thanks to who ever moved my post. just realized i had it in the wrong forum. my apologies hey guys just wanted to throw this out there to get my mind straight about win 10. ive heard all the rumers and all the bad things and i want to know if they are true or still true. i play a lot of games on my win 7 ult 64 bit, and really dont wanna update to 10 but im starting to have trouble with win 7 update software (different topic for different day) and was wondering if they fixed all the game crashing problems that 10 had all the hacking problems that it soposibly had and see if it really is worth 200 retail (40 on that one site). if anyone can clear the air that has 10 and is a hardcore gamer. thanks everyone ^-^

my rig

msi gaming m5 z170

16gig crusial ram

i5 6500

gtx 550ti (yes its old im waiting for cyber monday to get a msi 1060 gaming x 6gig gpu so shhhhhhh =P )

msi gaming m5 z170, msi gtx 1070 gaming z 8g, I5 6500 cpu, corsair carbide 600c, corsair vengence 32gig

Why didn't you reserve your free copy?

And yes, as long as you clean install, it's a good OS.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Why didn't you reserve your free copy?

And yes, as long as you clean install, it's a good OS.

because i didnt have my new rig when that was going on. it was on my old laptop and i reserved it on there but it would have been an overwrite of win 7 and i didnt want that at the time. so i never updated the laptop

msi gaming m5 z170, msi gtx 1070 gaming z 8g, I5 6500 cpu, corsair carbide 600c, corsair vengence 32gig

Almost all people having issues with windows 10 are people who were too lazy to clean install and used the broken upgrade process instead.

If you want to use windows 10 then you should clean install it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Almost all people having issues with windows 10 are people who were too lazy to clean install and used the broken upgrade process instead.

i would dual boot on a new ssd so it would be a nice clean install and thanks for the link because that shall help if i do upgrade ^-^

Just now, K-swigle said:

i would dual boot on a new ssd so it would be a nice clean install and thanks for the link because that shall help if i do upgrade ^-^

That sounds good. Remember that since you didn't upgrade to windows 10 during the free upgrade period you will have to do some of this stuff to get it: http://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

That sounds good. Remember that since you didn't upgrade to windows 10 during the free upgrade period you will have to do some of this stuff to get it: http://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

dont mind getting a paid one from that banonza site but if that howtogeek thing is legit ill look into it.

32 minutes ago, K-swigle said:

dont mind getting a paid one from that banonza site but if that howtogeek thing is legit ill look into it.

Well it's just more complicated, because you need to do the upgrade thingy and then clean install, or you can use windows for free and deal with the watermark, or all the other options there. If you can afford a copy then that's cool too.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well it's just more complicated, because you need to do the upgrade thingy and then clean install, or you can use windows for free and deal with the watermark, or all the other options there. If you can afford a copy then that's cool too.

yea haha i read it and was like hmmm deal with that or fork out some money for a new copy XD. 

Run the assisted technologies upgrade tool if it's still available for download. I tried it after they stopped the free upgrade offer and it still worked, hate the OS though. Going back to Linux this weekend, Microsoft can go suck one :)

3 hours ago, K-swigle said:

thanks to who ever moved my post. just realized i had it in the wrong forum. my apologies hey guys just wanted to throw this out there to get my mind straight about win 10. ive heard all the rumers and all the bad things and i want to know if they are true or still true. i play a lot of games on my win 7 ult 64 bit, and really dont wanna update to 10 but im starting to have trouble with win 7 update software (different topic for different day) and was wondering if they fixed all the game crashing problems that 10 had all the hacking problems that it soposibly had and see if it really is worth 200 retail (40 on that one site). if anyone can clear the air that has 10 and is a hardcore gamer. thanks everyone ^-^

my rig

msi gaming m5 z170

16gig crusial ram

i5 6500

gtx 550ti (yes its old im waiting for cyber monday to get a msi 1060 gaming x 6gig gpu so shhhhhhh =P )

There is nothing wrong with Windows 10 (other than the upgrade installs).  Quite literally every single problem you've seen is either related to its methods of working, or someone not installing it right to begin with.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

10 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Run the assisted technologies upgrade tool if it's still available for download. I tried it after they stopped the free upgrade offer and it still worked, hate the OS though. Going back to Linux this weekend, Microsoft can go suck one :)

yea i dont like the way they are doing os lately. (8 and 10) but wanted to see the new direct 12 stuff. and i would love to dual boot linux to learn the code and stuff but to lazy and i cant get my mobo to boot from usb so i can install linux

On 11/26/2016 at 2:40 PM, Enderman said:

Woah! Thanks sir :) I'll try this one.