What are good low end pc speakers (50-100$)

Tsumego

Hi!

I'm pretty sure this question has often been asked, but I couldn't find it in the forum. Therefore, I apologize if this question is being asked too often.

Essentially, I'm looking for a set of speakers. I'm no audiophile (even though I like good sound) and I'm on a budget. I can't afford to put more than 100$ and if it was cheaper than that, my wallet would be happy. Since I never really owned anything aside from cheap speakers that came with the premade computers, it's hard to know what the good brands are and what the good models are.

I'm looking for either a 2.0 or 2.1 setup that I'd use in my room. Since I listen to metal and classical music, I prefer something that is constant (bass, mids and highs) over a unit with excellent bass and poor highs (or excellent highs and poor bass). I did some reasearch and found some units that seemed good. I'll be using them mostly for music listening and for watching movies. I'm not interested in composing or throwing parties with those. They're mostly for personal use.

- Creative T12 (70$)

- Logitech Z200 (40$)

- Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 (60$)

- Logitech Z313 (40$ on sale, 60$ usually)

As you can see, I tried to keep it more towards the 50$ rather than the 100$, but if you guys tell me it's better to invest a little bit more, then I'll find a way to get that money. What would you guys's recommendations be?

Thank you a lot in advance and I'd like to apologize if I miswrote some words/sentences. English is not my first language so I'm trying my best ^^

P.S: Like Linus, I'm canadian so the prices are in CAD and not in USD, so if you find the same speakers for less in USA, it's not necessarly available here.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

The CA-3602, and Z313 are both relatively solid systems.
Just go for whatever you can get cheaper, as the specs are relatively similar.

The Logitech Z313 has a slightly higher wattage and focus solely on build and sound quality.
The Cyber Acoustics 3602 has bigger bass and small highs (e.g. make it appeal for the boom booms rather than the quality) but does have a few extra controls and adapters you may find useful.

The Creative Labs T12 is absolutely not worth the price. As for the lower spec Logitech Z200, well, it's lower spec obviously, so if you can get the Z313 for the same price then why wouldn't you?

Hope that helps and good luck with your purchase :)

Source: Owned all four systems

I am using the Z200 and I think they're a steal for $25. The fact that you can just walk into a store and buy them at their regular price makes them a no-brainer for anyone who just wants a set of speakers. They're just good enough'. The volume is loud and the bass is punchy. I would say that they're noticeably better than your typical ~100$ blutooth speaker but that doesn't say much. 

Thanks a lot for the answers, guys. I must admit that I was pretty sure the Z313 was the best option. However, I've seen a bunch of people complaining about Logitech as a company, hence making me doubt the purchase. There will always be haters, sure. But I was mostly scared that there was some truth behind these comments.