Norwegian Altibox is ready for Netflix in 4K

MariusJS

As the first ISP in Norway to get the Netflix Caching servers, and be able to give their customers Netflix in "Super HD" (1080P instead of 720P), Altibox is also the first Norwegian ISP to state that they are ready for 4K Netflix, and that they are also ready to increase their customers bandwith without increasing the price!

And for those thinking this is a small, local ISP, it is not! ;)

Source: http://www.hardware.no/artikler/4k-vil-ikke-ta-av-for-i-slutten-av-2015/153247

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Just to bad that people up here ain´t the most techy people in the world ;) Which means that not that many got 4K displays :(

Anyway for those whom got a 4K monitor and Netflix this is great :D

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Just to bad that people up here ain´t the most techy people in the world ;) Which means that not that many got 4K displays :(

Anyway for those whom got a 4K monitor and Netflix this is great :D

Yeah, but we are too rich, so I think that actually a large amount of people are going to buy a 4K TV when they come in at around: 10 -15 000NOK :)

Yeah, but we are too rich, so I think that actually a large amount of people are going to buy a 4K TV when they come in at around: 10 -15 000NOK :)

True, but shit is also a looot more expensive here ;) But if a 30 inch Pc monitor comes in at around 10000 NOK I guess we will see some people buying them :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

True, but shit is also a looot more expensive here ;) But if a 30 inch Pc monitor comes in at around 10000 NOK I guess we will see some people buying them :)

I know I would :P

But I was thinking more about 50-60" TV's which in the US has started coming in around that price :D

Isn't this the exact same thing that many American companies are refusing to do? (Caching servers)

Anyway, brilliant!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well i guess its time for me to get Netflix :D

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Isn't this the exact same thing that many American companies are refusing to do? (Caching servers)

Anyway, brilliant!

Yes it is, but on that side, Get and Telenor is refusing aswell, and therefor, Altibox has earned quite a lot of customers, they have about 20-40 000 migrating a year, and that number is growing each year!

Which is about 1% of the population each year!

Well i guess its time for me to get Netflix :D

Only problem is that i doubt it works with things like MediaHint, which gives you US Netflix in Norway :(

Only problem is that i doubt it works with things like MediaHint, which gives you US Netflix in Norway :(

Damn D: well it's still better than tvnorge and tv3 :D 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Damn D: well it's still better than tvnorge and tv3 :D

Yeah :P

I can do some testing with MediaHint and post the results :D

Yeah :P

I can do some testing with MediaHint and post the results :D

Thanks that would be very helpful :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks that would be very helpful :D

Ok, I've been very busy, but I am now 100% sure that when I use US Netflix it does not go to the streamservers :(, but MediaHint is really easy to use, so what is on the Norwegian Netflix is faster streamed/buffered, and the traceroute is less than half, and ends with Lyse (Altibox)