Last time check.... Does anyone has any issue with Sapphire RX480s???? Does not matter whether it is a 4GB or 8GB variant...

mrchow19910319

i am gonna buy the Sapphire RX480 next week. 

Just want to check with those who are using it.... Do you guys run into any sort of issue???

How is the card overall???? 

I just want to know whether the card works well. Is there any overheating issue??? And how's the overall build quality and stuff.

I am gonna buy the 4GB variant. (That is not the issue here. Personal choice)

Thanks in advance. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Don't have an rx 480 . But i've owned a few sapphire cards , and they make great cards.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Don't have an rx 480 . But i've owned a few sapphire cards , and they make great cards.

Hope it can last me at least 3 years. For 1080p non-demanding gaming.

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Hope it can last me at least 3 years. For 1080p non-demanding gaming.

that depends entirely on how the standard for "demanding" evolves during the next few years.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

that depends entirely on how the standard for "demanding" evolves during the next few years.

Yup. :P

Is this reference or Nitro?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Is this reference or Nitro?

Nitro. 

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Nitro. 

They're okay. From what I've seen I would cap your fan curve at 65 - 70% because, apparently, after that it sounds like a plane is taking off in your room. My XFX 390 was like that and it annoyed the shit out of me. Other than that, the card is made with really good components. If you're going to dabble in overclocking, you should expect good results.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

They're okay. From what I've seen I would cap your fan curve at 65 - 70% because, apparently, after that it sounds like a plane is taking off in your room. My XFX 390 was like that and it annoyed the shit out of me. Other than that, the card is made with really good components. If you're going to dabble in overclocking, you should expect good results.

Okay. Noted. Thanks for the info...How do I cap the fan curve at 70%??

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Also how does the RX480 compares to the GTX780.... Was using that card until it died on me.... Any performance gain?? If so roughly how much??? Do you know???

A lot of 480s seem to be capable of a 200 MHz overclock. I have an XFX 480 GTR and is great. It has a few quirks but I have never owned a high end AMD  vard so I don't know if it is an issue with the card or the res of my system. It seems to struggle in games it shouldn't.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

It seems to struggle in games it shouldn't.

Could you be more specific??? I play witcher 3. SC2 and sometimes league of legends. 

What's your system spec??? 

55 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Also how does the RX480 compares to the GTX780.... Was using that card until it died on me.... Any performance gain?? If so roughly how much??? Do you know???

My 480 with 1338 boost clock is faster than a 390x while the 780 if barely faster than a 380x these days. 480 is a much better card.

5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Could you be more specific??? I play witcher 3. SC2 and sometimes league of legends. 

What's your system spec??? 

In World of Warships it has a hard time hitting a steady 60FPS. It also does this in GTA V. I'm pretty sure it is the 2500K struggling to keep it fed. I can't overclock the i5 any further on this board so I can't be sure.

I'm in the process of upgrading so if the problem persists then I will make another thread about it.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

38 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

In World of Warships it has a hard time hitting a steady 60FPS. It also does this in GTA V. I'm pretty sure it is the 2500K struggling to keep it fed. I can't overclock the i5 any further on this board so I can't be sure.

I'm in the process of upgrading so if the problem persists then I will make another thread about it.

Thanks for the info.

Already ordered it.... Expecting it this afternoon....