AMD 64 x2 3600+ won't display 1080p

sparkythewildcat

***Update***: I downloaded the drivers from this link (http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_32bit_15.49.html), installed ONLY THE DISPLAY DRIVER, then as soon as it was done, the computer auto updated the display to 1080p!!!

So, I'm not entirely sure where this thread should go, but since it's dealing with resolution, I decided to put it in GPUs. Anyway, I just got my mother a new monitor, and it's here first 1080p widescreen monitor. However, I'm having issues getting it display at 1080p 60 Hz. It's currently at a stretched 1400x1050 (and I'm pretty sure 64Hz???) that just looks ever so slightly, annoyingly fuzzy. I can change the display res, but it's not giving me the usually 16:9 options. I'm really confused, as this monitor and cable were working perfectly for my setup, so it's not the hardware. I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue, as the current display driver is from 2006 (lol), but I can't figure out how to update it, as the update driver button in windows just tells me I'm using the ideal driver and apparently this CPU has no integrated graphics, but I can physically confirm that no dedicated GPU is installed. The system just says that it's graphics chip is "NVIDIA". 

I'm not used to legacy hardware, and this whole thing is just really weird, so I'd appreciate you guys' help with this. Thanks in advance!

The CPU doesn't have integrated graphics, because it's built into the motherboard.

Back in the Athlon64 (by the way that's a decently badass old chip) days, Nvidia made chipsets and integrated graphics that were used on AMD platforms (AMD did not yet make any GPU's, and they hadn't bought ATi yet).

What kind of cable are you using?  I'm not surprised it looks fuzzy, LCD's look like total ass when you're running them at something that isn't a multiple of their native resolution.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

On 11/23/2016 at 7:51 PM, Phate.exe said:

The CPU doesn't have integrated graphics, because it's built into the motherboard.

Back in the Athlon64 (by the way that's a decently badass old chip) days, Nvidia made chipsets and integrated graphics that were used on AMD platforms (AMD did not yet make any GPU's, and they hadn't bought ATi yet).

What kind of cable are you using?  I'm not surprised it looks fuzzy, LCD's look like total ass when you're running them at something that isn't a multiple of their native resolution.

That's interesting. I didn't know that was a thing, although I did notice something on the motherboard that looks similar to a bare GPU. I just ignored it though, considering it didn't have any sort of fan/heatsink, and most things on this dinosaur of a mobo look foreign to me. 

I'm using a VGA cable. I tried the cable that I used when I had the monitor (a different VGA), but it behaved exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, sparkythewildcat said:

That's interesting. I didn't know that was a thing, although I did notice something on the motherboard that looks similar to a bare GPU. I just ignored it though, considering it didn't have any sort of fan/heatsink, and most things on this dinosaur of a mobo look foreign to me. 

I'm using a VGA cable. I tried the cable that I used when I had the monitor (a different VGA), but it behaved exactly the same.

I take it back, that was my friend's mobo with the bare looking gpu. Although, I peeked again and I noticed a suspicious passive heatsink that may be the gpu. 

So, this is the GPU that is on the motherboard. Any idea how I can update it's drivers and/or figure out how to get it to display 1080p? Also, does anyone know if it's even possible to? 

It's weird cause it can handle resolutions even higher than 1080p (2048x1536 @64Hz for example).

IMG_4041.JPG