Which Web Cam For Streaming?

Thinkfreely

So I going to be purchasing one of the main stream logitech web cams for streaming but I am having a dickens of a time (yes old timey sayings are back people) choosing between these three.

C920

C922

c930e

The c920 as I understand it is the standard for a long time, but lacks the 60 FPS that the c922 does at lower res. I know that the c922 also has backround removal software, but according to everyone its garbage.

The c930e appears to have overall better colors and clarity than both the c920 and c922.

As always any feedback is appreciated.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

3 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

The c920 as I understand it is the standard for a long time, but lacks the 60 FPS that the c922 does at lower res. I know that the c922 also has backround removal software, but according to everyone its garbage.

The c930e appears to have overall better colors and clarity than both the c920 and c922.

Personally, I don't think the 60fps matters much for your webcam. Gameplay, sure, 60fps is definitely better, but for your face down in a corner; or even for web-chatting and such, 60fps is really more of a drag on your bandwidth than any visual benefit. And also, 60fps will need more light than at 30fps; so if you're mostly in a darker room, it may not even be worth it. I've heard the RealSense background removal stuff is actually half decent, but I think it's pretty dependent on the environment. If it's between the c922 and the 920, I'd just go with the newer c922 since they're the same price (Logitech website lists them both at $99.99). The c930e is a bit more expensive, and seems to have a slightly better lens, but it does have a slightly smaller FOV (45* versus 78* on the c922) so again, depending on your setup, you'd need to decide which would work better.