RAM for skylake

So this topic is applies both to ram and CPU so I just choose to post it on the CPU subforum. Anyways I have nearly completed my first ever build and I used a z170 mobo and a i7 6700k CPU I also bought a set of 2x8gb sticks of ddr4 ram with a 2400Mhz clock speed but I thought somewhere I heard that there is special ram just for the skylake processors so I'm not sure if i misheard or made a mistake buying the ram i did.

Slowly but surely making myself comftable in a life i have built since childhood.

I like recieving replies, mention or quote to get my attention

Your good you picked the right ram. If you get more ram later on just make shore it the same timing as the ram you have now

3 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

You're fine. Remember to enable XMP in the BIOS though. 

why xmp and what is that?

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

You're fine. Remember to enable XMP in the BIOS though. 

What is xmp I think i saw it in a video is that the setting that automatically adjust the speed to the lowest ram speed?

Slowly but surely making myself comftable in a life i have built since childhood.

Just now, CEbbinghaus said:

What is xmp I think i saw it in a video is that the setting that automatically adjust the speed to the lowest ram speed?

It's the setting that automatically overclocks RAM to its rated speed. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

your probably talking about ddr3L, the only thing special about it is that it runs at a lower voltage. Go ddr4

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

It's the setting that automatically overclocks RAM to its rated speed. 

Makes a lot more sense now thanks a lot

1 hour ago, IAmLamp said:

why xmp and what is that?

Extreme memory profile. Basically, DDR4 is rated for 2133mhz of memory. But some memory can go up high as 3400Mhz. If you enable XMP, your memory will boost up to the max speed of the ram you inserted.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink

15 minutes ago, FRN said:

Extreme memory profile. Basically, DDR4 is rated for 2133mhz of memory. But some memory can go up high as 3400Mhz. If you enable XMP, your memory will boost up to the max speed of the ram you inserted.

oh nice, is that only available for OC motherboards or?

I have an Asus P9D WS and it says the maximum it can do is like 1333 mhz

1 minute ago, IAmLamp said:

oh nice, is that only available for OC motherboards or?

I have an Asus P9D WS and it says the maximum it can do is like 1333 mhz

As far as I know, only available for DDR4 and Z170 motherboards.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink

well the fact that i got a z170 motherbooard has more to do with coincedencev rather than planning

16 hours ago, CEbbinghaus said:

well the fact that i got a z170 motherbooard has more to do with coincedencev rather than planning

well funnily enough i happened to find a z170 before i was gonna get a h110 but i found the msi z170-a pro for like 150$ and was like hell yeah so we bought that. it ended up beeing perfect