Sennheiser PC 360 GAME upgrade

Bugses

Hi everybody,

I got the Sennheiser PC 360 GAME, but I feel like I could use an upgrade. Could you recommend me a pair of headphones, as I don't need the microphone?

I don't like the Beyerdynamics because of their clamping force, and I can't order anything from Massdrop either, thats just gonna be too expensive, because I live in Europe.

I use headphones for 80% gaming, which is FPS games. Rest is divided between music and movies.

Thanks.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

Damnit! I knew I had forgot something. My budget is around $300, give or take.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I'd recommend the HD650s for audiophile grade headphones at that price, but not really sure how their location accuracy is, not much of an expert on gaming audio. Sorry

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm gonna see if I can find some reviews on it.

1 hour ago, Bugses said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm gonna see if I can find some reviews on it.

What about Beyer clamping force? Is it too light for you? The HD650 will have a way higher clamping force than any Beyer model...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

What about Beyer clamping force? Is it too light for you? The HD650 will have a way higher clamping force than any Beyer model...

It was too much, and my ears didnt fit in the cups.

I'm thinking about the AKG 702.

1 minute ago, Bugses said:

It was too much, and my ears didnt fit in the cups

Then you must have giant ears, and a really wide head... Beyerdynamic headphones don't have a tight clamping force at all, and the cups are pretty darn large. I think the main things that would work well for you would be the Audio Technica Air series. Super light clamping force, and a bunch of space in the ear cups.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Then you must have giant ears, and a really wide head... Beyerdynamic headphones don't have a tight clamping force at all, and the cups are pretty darn large. I think the main things that would work well for you would be the Audio Technica Air series. Super light clamping force, and a bunch of space in the ear cups.

I've actually read some reviews that also say, that the BDs have smallish ear cups. But anyway, they didn't fit when I tried them on.

Hows the soundstage in the Air series?

I've actually read some reviews that also say, that the BDs have smallish ear cups. But anyway, they didn't fit when I tried them on.

Hows the soundstage in the Air series?

For the A1000Z (The one I'm wearing right now) It's about average for an open back headphone, but the one I'm wearing is closed back, so the sound stage is huge. Imaging is also freaking amazing, and instrument separation is absolutely stellar.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

For the A1000Z (The one I'm wearing right now) It's about average for an open back headphone, but the one I'm wearing is closed back, so the sound stage is huge. Imaging is also freaking amazing, and instrument separation is absolutely stellar.

Unfortunately it dosen't seem to be sold in my country.

Unfortunately it dosen't seem to be sold in my country.

I'm just gonna go ahead and tag @Dackzy since he's also in Denmark. He'll be able to give you some better recommendations for what's available in your area...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Okay OP here I am.

so what kind of sound are you looking for? I am guessing open headphones are okay.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Okay OP here I am.

so what kind of sound are you looking for? I am guessing open headphones are okay.

Those I have now, seem to be pretty open, and I don't mind that a lot. I would appreciate it leaking a little less sound, but I wouldn't like to miss out because of that.

I need something that is 80-90% gaming oriented. I need to be able to hear where shots are coming from. Thats pretty much the only requirement I got.

1 hour ago, Bugses said:

Those I have now, seem to be pretty open, and I don't mind that a lot. I would appreciate it leaking a little less sound, but I wouldn't like to miss out because of that.

I need something that is 80-90% gaming oriented. I need to be able to hear where shots are coming from. Thats pretty much the only requirement I got.

and you have about 1800kr, some AKG K712 would be good, really big soundstage and a small bass bump so they get a natural sound that is also a bit warm. They leak sound, so don't use in public or noisy area's. Thomann.dk has them for 1672kr

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

and you have about 1800kr, some AKG K712 would be good, really big soundstage and a small bass bump so they get a natural sound that is also a bit warm. They leak sound, so don't use in public or noisy area's. Thomann.dk has them for 1672kr

Do you think 712 is better than 702?

Do you think 712 is better than 702?

the 702 are more neutral, kinda just the k612 and the 712 has a bit more bass.

Super, thanks for the help :)