new or upgrade

well i cant decide what i should do. there is plenty of people here for a sample of decisions.... should i upgrade my pc or start anew.... i dont have a large budget but saving is possible what do you guys think.... its amd based because i love amd (save that argument for later). specs below

amd fx 8350

r9 380 4gb oc 1050 mhz from sapphiretech

2x4 1866 kingston hyperx fury ram

gigabyte ga 970 d3p mobo

corsair h80i gt aio cooler

1tb hdd

750w gold rated thermaltake toughpower modular psu

what do you think....

i was asked what i do with my rig and what i plan to do..... it is a gaming rig, but i plan to use it for 3d animating gaming video editing etc... just all kinds of stuff.... i think i might try an ssd no matter what i do. but i dont play most AAA titles.

4 minutes ago, turbo511 said:

well i cant decide what i should do. there is plenty of people here for a sample of decisions.... should i upgrade my pc or start anew.... i dont have a large budget but saving is possible what do you guys think.... its amd based because i love amd (save that argument for later). specs below

amd fx 8350

r9 380 4gb oc 1050 mhz from sapphiretech

2x4 1866 kingston hyperx fury ram

gigabyte ga 970 d3p mobo

corsair h80i gt aio cooler

1tb hdd

750w gold rated thermaltake toughpower modular psu

what do you think....

It looks fine to me, what do you plan on doing with the upgraded PC?

what do you want to do with this build? it will probably hold up on 1080p in most cases. if you would want to upragde anything it would be cpu,motherboard and ram. but if you decide to do so you should wait untill intell launches its new cpu line somewhere in early 2017.

New rx 480 if you are team red. More ram. Add an SSD. 

2 minutes ago, Alexzz_ said:

what do you want to do with this build? it will probably hold up on 1080p in most cases. if you would want to upragde anything it would be cpu,motherboard and ram. but if you decide to do so you should wait untill intell launches its new cpu line somewhere in early 2017.

I was thinking about a better CPU and Mobo, but why would he upgrade the ram 8 GB will do him just fine unless he wants to play newest games ultra

1 minute ago, Alexzz_ said:

8350 is a very capable cpu and perform better than i3 6100

The gpu is still fine for 1080p gaming. the only other upgrade is to get a new cpu, motherboard and ram. you can wait for amd zen if you want to stick with amd or get an intel kaby lake processor. wait for those to come out and see how they perform before you buy though

What are you looking to upgrade?  You have a a very capable system there.  Just upgrade to 16GB of RAM is all I can think.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

35 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

8350 is a very capable cpu and perform better than i3 6100

i know, but since he was talking about a upgrade i assumed he wanted something like a i5 6600k or i7