Thieves In Indiana Steal More Than 20,000 LG G2 Smartphones

mgsstar

It ain't exactly Gone In 60 Seconds, but at least one thief is now sitting on a pile of electronics worth more than any sportscar. CNET reports that a truck stolen from a Gary, Indiana truck stop contained 22,500 LG G2 smartphones, originally intended for a Sprint distribution center in Kentucky. At the unsubsidized price, the combined value of all those phones is more than twelve million dollars.

nexusae0_g2_thumb1.png

At the moment there don't appear to be any leads in the case, though police in Indiana and Illinois are looking for the truck and the thief, and the FBI is aware of the situation. The burglary might hamper the launch of Sprint's LG G2 planned for later this year, at least in the Midwest. That being said, the real question is what the thief or thieves might do with that many phones. We've got a few ideas:

• Build the world's most expensive play fort
  • Recreate the Cowboys Stadium scoreboard
  • Use the screens to illuminate a dirty note visible from the ISS
  • Collect a five million dollar check from Gazelle.com
  • Give a G2 to every man, woman, and child in Portland
  • Create a glowing, single-use driveway
  • Gut the screens and sell them as Barbie-sized HDTVs
  • Make a Bitcoin mining rig from 22,500 Snapdragon processors
  • Give them out as business cards
  • Create the most exhaustive drop test video on YouTube

Source:http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/25/thieves-in-indiana-steal-more-than-20000-lg-g2-smartphones-presumably-to-build-the-worlds-most-expensive-toy-fort/

Wonder what they will do to them with all those smartphones. But they are probably going to all get blacklisted if they had a list of IMEIs.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well I guess this time you can't say they "fell off the truck"...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

HOW DARE THEY STEAL MY MOBILE BABIES

$$金Trill金$$

You could sell them black market.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

You could sell them black market.

But a play fort out of smartphones sounds better.

Marketing trick?

Some time ago wasnt there same news that they stole whole truck of some sort of game? I think it was CoD Modern Warfare 3...

I would show that truck on YT vid with all LG phones there exect one and then burn the whole truck with them inside. I would use napalm...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Well seeing as Gary used to have the highest murder rate in the US... It probably wasn't a smart place to take a break from the delivery.

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

probably sell them on the black marked as unlocked, because thanks to a stupid ruling making unlocked phones illegal, there now is a black market for it in the U.S

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |