Hard to watercool?

i want to watercool my pc but it looks hard.. is it hard to make a custom loop? can anyone do it if they just try?

Watches and computers                    

If you have the mental sharpness of a rock then it can be pretty tough. If not then it's not terribly difficult, just have to take things slow and pay attention to what you're doing. Consult a few guides from YouTube and other places and see how people do things. Start with soft tubing for your first few builds to get confident, don't jump right into hard tubing.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Of course anyone can do it if they just try, and put a lot of time into it.

What makes you want to watercool though? I don't imagine you'll see a performance increase with your system, and it just adds a lot of maintenance requirements to it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Anyone can do almost anything if you try.

Is it hard? Well its not AIO it will take time and planning and dont forget it will take lots of monies xD

You can probably do it just research it for a while and see if its for you

Everyone should own a vive.

Just now, dizmo said:

Of course anyone can do it if they just try, and put a lot of time into it.

What makes you want to watercool though? I don't imagine you'll see a performance increase with your system, and it just adds a lot of maintenance requirements to it.

since im going to put a lot of money into the system i might aswell make it look cool. and it seems interesting. 

Watches and computers                    

Hardline tubing is harder than soft line tubing, but neither are really that hard. It's more time consuming than anything.

You have to make sure you have the right amount of tubing, the right amount of rad space (120mm per component, and double that if you intend to overclock said component), a pump, a reservoir, fans, and fittings.

You also have to leak test the entire loop, which is easy, but again, time consuming. It's best to just plug the pump into the PSU, unplug everything else, and use a jumper on the 24 pin.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Hardline tubing is harder than soft line tubing, but neither are really that hard. It's more time consuming than anything.

You have to make sure you have the right amount of tubing, the right amount of rad space (120mm per component, and double that if you intend to overclock said component), a pump, a reservoir, fans, and fittings.

You also have to leak test the entire loop, which is easy, but again, time consuming. It's best to just plug the pump into the PSU, unplug everything else, and use a jumper on the 24 pin.

i got plenty of time so that wont be a problem. my fear is just that it will leak and destroy my components..

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

i got plenty of time so that wont be a problem. my fear is just that it will leak and destroy my components..

If you get good tubing and fittings, and do a decent job, leaks become less of a problem. That's the big reason of doing the leak test, and one should run it for 24 hours if possible.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

If you get good tubing and fittings, and do a decent job, leaks become less of a problem. That's the big reason of doing the leak test, and one should run it for 24 hours if possible.

whats the best tubing and fittings?

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, smiles rising said:

whats the best tubing and fittings?

EK or Bitspower are highly regarded, can't really go wrong with either. Barrow are a cheaper option and I've only heard good things. You will want the same branding for tubing and fittings, just so you know 100% there won't be any issues with it all going together.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Just now, atomicus said:

EK or Bitspower are highly regarded, can't really go wrong with either. Barrow are a cheaper option and I've only heard good things.

what will i need to pay for the water cooling parts if im going to watercool a i7-6700k and 2 1080s?

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, smiles rising said:

what will i need to pay for the water cooling parts if im going to watercool a i7-6700k and 2 1080s?

Do you intend to overclock the 6700K? OC the 1080s?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Do you intend to overclock the 6700K? OC the 1080s?

yes. 

Watches and computers                    

3 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

Well it's not cheap, no way around that, but the EK kits can make it more affordable, but you are making somewhat of a compromise with those (not the best rads, black tubing etc.). What country are you in?

As for your leak concern by the way, leak testing is essential... you do this without any power going through your system, so any leaks won't cause damage. If it doesn't leak in 24 hours, you should be good. After that, it's very rare that you get leaks unless something catastrophic goes wrong, and that's almost unheard of to be honest.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

1 minute ago, atomicus said:

Well it's not cheap, no way around that, but the EK kits can make it more affordable, but you are making somewhat of a compromise with those (not the best rads, black tubing etc.). What country are you in?

As for you leak concern by the way, leak testing is essential... you do this without any power going through your system, so any leaks won't cause damage. If it doesn't leak in 24 hours, you should be good. Very rare that you get leaks unless something catastrophic goes wrong, and that's almost unheard of to be honest.

im from sweden

Watches and computers                    

im from sweden

OK, well you have access to EK and Bitspower via EU then, so you have options. EK is cheaper. Will come down to your budget at the end of the day.

yes. 

You'll need a 240mm radiator for the 6700K, and you should go for 240mm per 1080.

You can add and split those numbers up as you wish (480 and 240, two 360s).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

You'll need a 240mm radiator for the 6700K, and you should go for 240mm per 1080.

You can add and split those numbers up as you wish (480 and 240, two 360s).

will my case fit all these parts? i have a nzxt h440w

Watches and computers                    

4 minutes ago, atomicus said:

OK, well you have access to EK and Bitspower via EU then, so you have options. EK is cheaper. Will come down to your budget at the end of the day.

is 300-400 bucks a reasonible budget for cooling or do i need to put down more?

Watches and computers                    

is 300-400 bucks a reasonible budget for cooling or do i need to put down more?

That will be tight, unless you go for one of the EK kits. 

2 minutes ago, atomicus said:

That will be tight, unless you go for one of the EK kits. 

are the kits any good? and if i dont go for the kit. how much do i need to put down

Watches and computers                    

are the kits any good? and if i dont go for the kit. how much do i need to put down

They're fine, nothing really wrong with them, but if you want to create something that bit special, they are a bit middle of the road. Really depends what you want from your system. From a performance stand point, aside from maybe an additional rad/fans, spending more money isn't necessarily justified... UNLESS you want something sexier and with more 'wow' factor. Buying all parts separately and really going to town could easily be another couple hundred. Also keep in mind the kits don't include a GPU block.

1 minute ago, atomicus said:

They're fine, nothing really wrong with them, but if you want to create something that bit special, they are a bit middle of the road. Really depends what you want from your system. From a performance stand point, aside from maybe an additional rad/fans, spending more money isn't necessarily justified... UNLESS you want something sexier and with more 'wow' factor. Buying all parts separately and really going to town could easily be another couple hundred. Also keep in mind the kits don't include a GPU block.

well i want to create something special. something to make it "pop" 600-700 bucks then?

Watches and computers                    

2 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

well i want to create something special. something to make it "pop" 600-700 bucks then?

Yes, about that. You can price it all up on EK web shop... they will have everything you need.