Do you think this deal is legit?

Chaos_Sorcerer
10 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

A 512GB 850 Pro. 25 dollars. You've got to be kidding me. 

Not even a little bit, and I wasn't a dick about it in the least. The CSR said I could pick out any SSD on the site for the same price. When I pointed out that there were no other $25 SSDs, he offered any SSD under the "corrected" price of $240 for $25. 512GB 850 Pro fit that requirement, he gave me a code, and I've now got a bit of an embarrassment of riches for storage on my main PC.

9 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Eh...I don't really like the look of it. I'm set on a K70 or a G710+. 

I picked up a Rosewill Apollo on Newegg. Not as flashy as either of those, but it feels and types great and is cheaper than either one. I do like Corsair keyboards, though.

5 minutes ago, Percenary said:

Go for razer. Much better designs and build quality tbh.

Not unless you like spending three figures on Kailh switches. Razer makes solid mice, but their keyboards are overpriced and built with switches that are on par with the $30 Outemu boards on Amazon.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, danwager11 said:

New stuff everyday. http://www.dealsource.tech/canada-1

The US verision updates a lot more from what I've seen though.

Yeah, I have that bookmarked. I'd love to work for that site, LOL. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Not even a little bit, and I wasn't a dick about it in the least. The CSR said I could pick out any SSD on the site for the same price. When I pointed out that there were no other $25 SSDs, he offered any SSD under the "corrected" price of $240 for $25. 512GB 850 Pro fit that requirement, he gave me a code, and I've now got a bit of an embarrassment of riches for storage on my main PC.

I picked up a Rosewill Apollo on Newegg. Not as flashy as either of those, but it feels and types great and is cheaper than either one. I do like Corsair keyboards, though.

Not unless you like spending three figures on Kailh switches. Razer makes solid mice, but their keyboards are overpriced and built with switches that are on par with the $30 Outemu boards on Amazon.

Hmm...the hard drive is a greater priority, so I'm thinking I'll give that $20 HDD a shot. Hey, would you recommend the K70 RGB or the G710+? Especially $120 CAD vs $70?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Just now, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Hmm...the hard drive is a greater priority, so I'm thinking I'll give that $20 HDD a shot. Hey, would you recommend the K70 RGB or the G710+? Especially $120 CAD vs $70?

I'm a huge fan of Cherry MX Browns and, to a lesser extent, Blues. For that reason, the Logitech would win for me every time. Corsair makes great keyboards, arguably among the very best for gaming, but they're just so overpriced that the case for buying one usually centers around the brand name and the "prestige" that comes with having a rainbow-colored Cherry MX board that cost twice as much as the same switches in my Rosewill did (or four times as much, if you catch the right deal on the Rosewill).

Even if the K70 RGB had Cherry MX Browns, I'd probably still go for the Logitech. Logitech's higher-end peripherals have never let me down. Hell, even their lower end stuff has held up for me over time. Unless you really want the Corsair--and I don't blame you in the least if you do--I think the Logitech is the better value.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I'm a huge fan of Cherry MX Browns and, to a lesser extent, Blues. For that reason, the Logitech would win for me every time. Corsair makes great keyboards, arguably among the very best for gaming, but they're just so overpriced that the case for buying one usually centers around the brand name and the "prestige" that comes with having a rainbow-colored Cherry MX board that cost twice as much as the same switches in my Rosewill did (or four times as much, if you catch the right deal on the Rosewill).

Even if the K70 RGB had Cherry MX Browns, I'd probably still go for the Logitech. Logitech's higher-end peripherals have never let me down. Hell, even their lower end stuff has held up for me over time. Unless you really want the Corsair--and I don't blame you in the least if you do--I think the Logitech is the better value.

One last question. Have you had any experience with refurbished products, especially keyboards?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

One last question. Have you had any experience with refurbished products, especially keyboards?

https://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/stores/newegg/adscans/27727/

My Current Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: ASUS STRIX OC 1070 Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: A-Data Premier 240GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM750i Monitors: Acer R240HY/ Dell S2716DG

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xwcjLD

Just now, Percenary said:

Is that for Canada or the US?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Eeeeeesh...not keyboards. Never keyboards. I have a very simple rule about refurbished or used keyboards: I don't know what you were eating, I don't know what you were drinking, I don't know what you were smoking, I don't know what you were doing while your hands were in contact with that keyboard, but I am sure as hell not going to find out.

I make an exception for thrift store finds like the Sejin EAT-1010 I'm using on my other PC, but I completely dismantled that thing and scrubbed it with isopropyl alcohol for a few days before daring to use it. I would not do the same for a "refurbished" board that I'm spending more than a few dollars on (paid $2 for the EAT-1010).

Refurbished products in general, yes, plenty, and I wholeheartedly recommend them as a great way to save 20-25% on a build. I do a lot of Frankenboxing older PCs, and there aren't a lot of places to get DDR2 brand new these days. I've also bought refurbished GPUs, speakers, a motherboard and some cooling fans. For stuff like the cooling fans that I'm paying $5 each for, I don't care who "refurbished" it as long as it's clean out of the box and I have a risk-free way to get my money back if they don't work. For the components like the GPU and motherboard, I'll only bite if there's a 25% or greater discount and the manufacturer did the refurbishing. Plenty of Amazon sellers will list their products as "seller refurbished", which usually means, "I rearranged the packaging so it fit more neatly in the box, and now I'm going to sell it to you for 75% of retail and hope that you don't file a claim against me when it dies in a month."

1 minute ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Is that for Canada or the US?

No idea

My Current Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: ASUS STRIX OC 1070 Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: A-Data Premier 240GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM750i Monitors: Acer R240HY/ Dell S2716DG

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xwcjLD

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Eeeeeesh...not keyboards. Never keyboards. I have a very simple rule about refurbished or used keyboards: I don't know what you were eating, I don't know what you were drinking, I don't know what you were smoking, I don't know what you were doing while your hands were in contact with that keyboard, but I am sure as hell not going to find out.

I make an exception for thrift store finds like the Sejin EAT-1010 I'm using on my other PC, but I completely dismantled that thing and scrubbed it with isopropyl alcohol for a few days before daring to use it. I would not do the same for a "refurbished" board that I'm spending more than a few dollars on (paid $2 for the EAT-1010).

Refurbished products in general, yes, plenty, and I wholeheartedly recommend them as a great way to save 20-25% on a build. I do a lot of Frankenboxing older PCs, and there aren't a lot of places to get DDR2 brand new these days. I've also bought refurbished GPUs, speakers, a motherboard and some cooling fans. For stuff like the cooling fans that I'm paying $5 each for, I don't care who "refurbished" it as long as it's clean out of the box and I have a risk-free way to get my money back if they don't work. For the components like the GPU and motherboard, I'll only bite if there's a 25% or greater discount and the manufacturer did the refurbishing. Plenty of Amazon sellers will list their products as "seller refurbished", which usually means, "I rearranged the packaging so it fit more neatly in the box, and now I'm going to sell it to you for 75% of retail and hope that you don't file a claim against me when it dies in a month."

Hmm...it looks like they're refurbished by the manufacturer. I'll take it. 

You sound like a real neat freak. :)

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Just now, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Hmm...it looks like they're refurbished by the manufacturer. I'll take it. 

You sound like a real neat freak. :)

Only when it comes to my computers. My clean laundry hasn't made its way into my dressed in months. The pile in the basket keeps growing with every load. We may never see the forgotten sock at the bottom again.

But yeah, if I'm going to repeatedly tap something with my fingers and palms, I'd greatly prefer that it not be covered in the remnants of soda, caramel corn or sperm carcasses.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Only when it comes to my computers. My clean laundry hasn't made its way into my dressed in months. The pile in the basket keeps growing with every load. We may never see the forgotten sock at the bottom again.

But yeah, if I'm going to repeatedly tap something with my fingers and palms, I'd greatly prefer that it not be covered in the remnants of soda, caramel corn or sperm carcasses.

LOL

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler