Do you think this deal is legit?

Chaos_Sorcerer
Just now, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Don't forget their washing machines. 

Lucky me, I ended up having both the Note 7 and their washing machine (and drier but that isn't blowing up yet), my Note is gone but I'm still waiting on shipping for the washer.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

Hey, would you guys mind helping me make another decision? I thought I'd post it in this thread, since most of my posts seem to get lost on the forum. 

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126346&cm_re=logitech_g710%2b-_-23-126-346-_-Product

So a refurbished G710+ is on sale for $70. This is Linus' personal keyboard, right? Is it worth waiting for Black Friday for deals on a K70 or something, or is it worth going for this thing?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

21 minutes ago, danwager11 said:

My Current Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: ASUS STRIX OC 1070 Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: A-Data Premier 240GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM750i Monitors: Acer R240HY/ Dell S2716DG

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xwcjLD

1 minute ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Hey, would you guys mind helping me make another decision? I thought I'd post it in this thread, since most of my posts seem to get lost on the forum. 

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126346&cm_re=logitech_g710%2b-_-23-126-346-_-Product

So a refurbished G710+ is on sale for $70. This is Linus' personal keyboard, right? Is it worth waiting for Black Friday for deals on a K70 or something, or is it worth going for this thing?

What switches do you want? Do you care about backlighting?

My Current Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: ASUS STRIX OC 1070 Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: A-Data Premier 240GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM750i Monitors: Acer R240HY/ Dell S2716DG

Just now, Percenary said:

What switches do you want? Do you care about backlighting?

Hmm...I currently use a membrane keyboard, so I have no experience with mechanical ones. However, I would definitely prefer the clickier Brown switches. Which switches does the G710+ use? Are they even Cherry MX switches? 

On the backlighting, I think I'd like the RGB lighting of the K70 since I can adapt to any colour scheme I may have in the future. But I do like the neutral white of the G710+. I also like the less-14-year-old vibe of the G710+. 

I really had my mind set on the K70, and I was waiting for a Black Friday deal...around $100-$150-ish. But I found this, and I'm wondering if it would be better than, say, a $120 K70 RGB. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Hmm...I currently use a membrane keyboard, so I have no experience with mechanical ones. However, I would definitely prefer the clickier Brown switches. Which switches does the G710+ use? Are they even Cherry MX switches? 

On the backlighting, I think I'd like the RGB lighting of the K70 since I can adapt to any colour scheme I may have in the future. But I do like the neutral white of the G710+. I also like the less-14-year-old vibe of the G710+. 

I really had my mind set on the K70, and I was waiting for a Black Friday deal...around $100-$150-ish. But I found this, and I'm wondering if it would be better than, say, a $120 K70 RGB. 

Do you want tactile feeback?

My Current Rig:

2 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I actually don't even know the switch type of that keyboard tbh

My Current Rig:

So, from experience:

I once purchased an SSD that a sleazebag had posted at $25 on Amazon. As expected, the email from the seller came along with the cancellation of the order, apologizing for the mistake in leaving off a zero, and offering me the chance to buy that $240 SSD at the low price of $120 to make up for it. It was a 120GB PNY 1211 or something like that, not worth $120 in any way, shape or form. So I forwarded the email to Amazon and hopped on a chat with one of their customer support reps, and a little bit of talking later, I had a 512GB Samsung 850 Pro on the way for the low, low price of $25.

Moral of the story, buy it. Worst case scenario, you file an A-to-Z claim because the seller misrepresented their product, you get your money back and Amazon might not even make you send it back to the seller. It's not your fault that a seller who misrepresented their product happens to be in China, and it's not reasonable to ask you to pay for shipping back to China for an item sold dishonestly.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Keyboard are really a user-specific thing. If you are a really hardcore competitive gamer you want anti-ghosting at the very least the best switches possible, now if someone only plays competitive games for fun and a little competition and competition isn't their gaming drive then anti-ghosting would be fine for that type of person and they could even manage without anti-ghosting. Then some people don't care about whether it has good switches or antighosting, or even if it's mechanical. Me personally as long as my keyboard has a backlight I'm fine with it, and I actually prefer a membrane keyboard because I lay my mouse pad and mouse over the numpad making a makeshift razer turret. Then their is maco-keys, which are useful in some cases but only really necessary for MMORPGs. I'd make sure you have a really nice mouse before a decent keyboard. That's what I did for myself.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

2 minutes ago, danwager11 said:

Keyboard are really a user-specific thing. If you are a really hardcore competitive gamer you want anti-ghosting at the very least the best switches possible, now if someone only plays competitive games for fun and a little competition and competition isn't their gaming drive then anti-ghosting would be fine for that type of person and they could even manage without anti-ghosting. Then some people don't care about whether it has good switches or antighosting, or even if it's mechanical. Me personally as long as my keyboard has a backlight I'm fine with it, and I actually prefer a membrane keyboard because I lay my mouse pad and mouse over the numpad making a makeshift razer turret. Then their is maco-keys, which are useful in some cases but only really necessary for MMORPGs.

Well, I'm not much of a competitive gamer by any means. Gaming is a side thing for me. I don't play a ton of MMOs, so I don't really see the need for macros (although having a few definitely wouldn't hurt). I'm just looking to become a "true enthusiast" and improve my overall typing experience with a proper mech keyboard. I feel like a lot of my taste in tech is similar to that of Linus, and the price is really tempting me.

So, how do the keyboards really compare? I hear that the K70 is more flashy and has slightly better build quality. I really like the "gamery" look of it (with the RGB lighting and all), but at the same time, I like the neutral vibe of the G710+. I feel like the G710+ will really go nicely with the overall look of my setup, too. But that K70...

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Well, I'm not much of a competitive gamer by any means. Gaming is a side thing for me. I don't play a ton of MMOs, so I don't really see the need for macros (although having a few definitely wouldn't hurt). I'm just looking to become a "true enthusiast" and improve my overall typing experience with a proper mech keyboard. I feel like a lot of my taste in tech is similar to that of Linus, and the price is really tempting me.

So, how do the keyboards really compare? I hear that the K70 is more flashy and has slightly better build quality. I really like the "gamery" look of it (with the RGB lighting and all), but at the same time, I like the neutral vibe of the G710+. I feel like the G710+ will really go nicely with the overall look of my setup, too. But that K70...

Do you want loud switches? Full RGB?

My Current Rig:

7 minutes ago, Percenary said:

Do you want loud switches? Full RGB?

I don't really mind the noise - I want tactile feedback, and RGB is a nice bonus, but not absolutely necessary. I'm really divided for looks.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

I don't really mind the noise - I want tactile feedback, and RGB is a nice bonus, but not absolutely necessary. I'm really divided for looks.

https://www.amazon.com/MechanicalEagle-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-DIY-Replaceable/dp/B01DBVGXJ6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1478912987&sr=8-8&keywords=mechanicaleagle+z-77

My Current Rig:

18 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

So, from experience:

I once purchased an SSD that a sleazebag had posted at $25 on Amazon. As expected, the email from the seller came along with the cancellation of the order, apologizing for the mistake in leaving off a zero, and offering me the chance to buy that $240 SSD at the low price of $120 to make up for it. It was a 120GB PNY 1211 or something like that, not worth $120 in any way, shape or form. So I forwarded the email to Amazon and hopped on a chat with one of their customer support reps, and a little bit of talking later, I had a 512GB Samsung 850 Pro on the way for the low, low price of $25.

Moral of the story, buy it. Worst case scenario, you file an A-to-Z claim because the seller misrepresented their product, you get your money back and Amazon might not even make you send it back to the seller. It's not your fault that a seller who misrepresented their product happens to be in China, and it's not reasonable to ask you to pay for shipping back to China for an item sold dishonestly.

A 512GB 850 Pro. 25 dollars. You've got to be kidding me. 

Yeah, that's true. Amazon's customer service should back up any purchase I really make. Hmm...you've given me some food for thought...

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I wouldn't let the idea of becoming a "true enthusiast" hold you up on your decision making, everyone is different and what people define as true enthusiast can be different as well. I think that my build is an enthusiast build right down to my mouse, but my keyboard is a cheap $25 keyboard off amazon that does the job and allows me to place my mouse on it and that's all I need, think about what you need and then what you want from your hardware then compare the price of the you want and what you need and meet half way. Build quality with keyboards isn't going to matter as much as build quality with say a Note 7, you aren't going to be moving your keyboard around a lot or hopefully not smashing the keys. So the difference in build quality would only matter by how it feels on your fingers and palm. So you should pick the keyboard for the best price that is good enough for you and looks nice (or at least not bad) to you. Like I said before keyboards are VERY subjective because the specs they have aren't necessarily giving a better experience for all people, unlike how an upgrade from a GTX980 to a GTX1070 will help everyone the same. (unless it's bottlenecked of course.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, danwager11 said:

I wouldn't let the idea of becoming a "true enthusiast" hold you up on your decision making, everyone is different and what people define as true enthusiast can be different as well. I think that my build is an enthusiast build right down to my mouse, but my keyboard is a cheap $25 keyboard off amazon that does the job and allows me to place my mouse on it and that's all I need, think about what you need and then what you want from your hardware then compare the price of the you want and what you need and meet half way. Build quality with keyboards isn't going to matter as much as build quality with say a Note 7, you aren't going to be moving your keyboard around a lot or hopefully not smashing the keys. So the difference in build quality would only matter by how it feels on your fingers and palm. So you should pick the keyboard for the best price that is good enough for you and looks nice (or at least not bad) to you. Like I said before keyboards are VERY subjective because the specs they have aren't necessarily giving a better experience for all people, unlike how an upgrade from a GTX980 to a GTX1070 will help everyone the same. (unless it's bottlenecked of course.

Woah...thanks! So it's between the two...do you know what switches the G710+ uses?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Eh...I don't really like the look of it. I'm set on a K70 or a G710+. 

A K70 is like apple. Overpriced and not that great. Trust me. I have owned their products.

My Current Rig:

3 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Woah...thanks! So it's between the two...do you know what switches the G710+ uses?

Cherry MX Blue switches

EDIT: Also comes in MX Brown switches and it looks like the one on Newegg uses brown switches.

Just now, Percenary said:

A K70 is like apple. Overpriced and not that great. Trust me. I have owned their products.

Yeah, I know. It's way over my budget currently, so I'm waiting until Black Friday for (hopefully) a good deal. But then again, this G710+ is tempting as f***. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Go for razer. Much better designs and build quality tbh.

My Current Rig:

2 minutes ago, Percenary said:

Go for razer. Much better designs and build quality tbh.

Razer deal right now, it's membrane though. Companies like to make cheaper stuff too. http://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA08C4M42755?icid=WP_4_11062016&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12638549&PID=8129406&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-

1 minute ago, danwager11 said:

Cherry MX Brown switches

All right, then. That's another reason to go for the G710+. It also has a USB passthrough...so...damn...

Thank you so much! I think I'll wait it out a little, though. I'm sure there'll be a great deal for the K70 in a few weeks, so I'll make my mind up then. But until then, I'm set on the G710+. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

BTW, Canadian deals, please. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

BTW, Canadian deals, please. 

New stuff everyday. http://www.dealsource.tech/canada-1

The US verision updates a lot more from what I've seen though. That's where I found the deal I showed on this post.