Black Screen when gaming at more the 60FPS

Problem Summary

Ok so long story short, I got a new monitor (XF270HU), and for the first time Im using my GPU (R9-290) at more then 60HZ....   BUT now I get random Black screens and screen disconnects.  I am Not sure if its the GPU, Monitor, Display port cable, or some crazy driver....  

I usually play an older Indi game and I play 144hz all day long no problem, but if I switch to SW Battlefront, if I use 100hz, 120hz, or 144hz, I get random black screens where the sound still works and it is clearly not frozen.  During the first load screen EVERY time, and randomly while playing.  

Most of the time im at around 120FPS, and my monitor counter looks like this....  Freesync  (I have disabled free sync and the same thing happens)

Spoiler

noartifact.jpg

Randomly I will get some weird artifacting in the monitors FPS counter...

Spoiler

artifact.jpg

Even after closing the game the artifacting will persist...

Spoiler

art.jpg

Al;so get black screens all.....   if it lasts long enough I will get the "no signal "

Spoiler

disconnect.jpg

Trouble Shooting so far

DP Cable- So hoping it was the Display port cable and a bandwidth issue

Monitor- There is some weird artifacting happening with the monitors FPS counter.  Even after I close the game the artifacting will continue... not sure  (hope its not the monitor)

GPU- R9-290  Powercolor...  ran HWINFO and nothing seems crazy, all temps seem normal and so on....

• I switch my GPU powersupply so that it no longer uses the little PCI jumper...  
  • I tryind MSI afterburner and catalyst underclocking, overvolting, under-volting, and every combination...
  • Put all fans at 100% with the side cover off...  
  • I switched from my new 10ft DP cable to the 3ft DP cable that came with the monitor... same problem.  I have ordered a new 6ft DP cable that will be here Sunday (best case)

All the Temps look good but I dont really know what else to look for....  this was ran during a 10 minute SW battlefront, where multiple black screens and artifacting issues happen... 

Spoiler

CPU.PNG

GPU.PNG

Memory.PNG

MOBO.PNG

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

I feel like this is a driver issue. Try finding an older driver, like one or two versions back and see if this is the problem. If not, maybe a bad port on the card or bad card itself?

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

@MrImnotMLG

Even though the the FPS counter is part of the monitor?   The Artifacting in the monitors built in FPS counter even after the game is closed has me wondering about the signal/monitor

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

3 hours ago, ryanmmax said:

@MrImnotMLG

Even though the the FPS counter is part of the monitor?   The Artifacting in the monitors built in FPS counter even after the game is closed has me wondering about the signal/monitor

It was just a guess. I don't claim to be an expert.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Best Buy has a an extended return period so I just bought  an RX-480 that I need to return by Jan 1....   So far the 480 hasnt had any issues so i guess it was the GPU.    I will use this 480, while I RMA my 290.  If the RMA'd card still has issues Ill just have to craigs list it and buy a 480...