Still no post, no display but fans are OK

BlackSpecs

Well i bought a new motherboard which says " to support all expansions you require 500w or more PSU else it will lead to unstable or un bootable conditions"

I had only 450watt psu so i connected it on the second half of the power connector. the psu - motherboard power connecter was different.

I had no beep, fans running and still no display but when i remove the ram i get those memory error beeps.

So is it that my psu is failing or i should use the recommended 500w psu? my hdd light also never blinks (red) but when i touch it i can feel its spinning.

HELP :'(

6 minutes ago, BlackSpecs said:

I had only 450watt psu so i connected it on the second half of the power connector. the psu - motherboard power connecter was different.

As far as I know, you should only be able to connect the first half of the 8-pin connector on your motherboard... (all modern PSU's have the first half, most mobo's use only this 4-pin connector) If your PSU only has a single 4-pin connector, and your mobo would require an 8 pin, you MIGHT be screwed.

Depending on the power consumption of your CPU, you might be able to run on just 1 4-pin connector. (my current mobo would run fine from factory, with just 1x 4pin, while the mobo did support 2x4pin (or 8-pin) The connectors are also different btw. Do you have a mobo connector and PSU connector picture? What's the mobo name? What CPU are you using?

20 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

huh? Which mobo?

13 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

As far as I know, you should only be able to connect the first half of the 8-pin connector on your motherboard... (all modern PSU's have the first half, most mobo's use only this 4-pin connector) If your PSU only has a single 4-pin connector, and your mobo would require an 8 pin, you MIGHT be screwed.

Depending on the power consumption of your CPU, you might be able to run on just 1 4-pin connector. (my current mobo would run fine from factory, with just 1x 4pin, while the mobo did support 2x4pin (or 8-pin) The connectors are also different btw. Do you have a mobo connector and PSU connector picture? What's the mobo name? What CPU are you using?

The mobo is Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2

CPU - A6 6400K Richland

Gfx - Msi nvidia GTX 750ti

PSU is 450W

and Hyper X 16gb (1x8) 1866Mhz

yeah, exactly the pin required by mobo is 8 pin and i have only 4 pin from psu to mobo so i did this .. 

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

I'm using the GA-F2A85XM-D3H, also from gigabyte. Stock, my PSU was connected just like your PSU is. For me, it worked. But for as far as I know, you can't really OC with just 1 4-pin connector, and the max power your CPU, is limited. (so running a 125 watts CPU would not work) What CPU are you using? Did you do a BIOS reset? (remove battery for few seconds) Has the system worked in the past?

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I'm using the GA-F2A85XM-D3H, also from gigabyte. Stock, my PSU was connected just like your PSU is. For me, it worked. But for as far as I know, you can't really OC with just 1 4-pin connector, and the max power your CPU, is limited. (so running a 125 watts CPU would not work) What CPU are you using? Did you do a BIOS reset? (remove battery for few seconds) Has the system worked in the past?

CPU - A6 6400K richland.

The mobo is fresh like just took it out from pack and screwed it in. so i didnt BIOS reset yet

Thermal Design Power: 65W, so in theory, the 4-pin should give enough power. (I use a A8-5600k, with 100 watts, and from factory, they used only 1 4-pin connector)

http://www.gigabyte.co.nl/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5289

It should also work with version 1 of your BIOS.

Have you tryed to trouble shoot? Like removing one of the memory sticks, testing both slots, 1 at a time, and then doing the same with the second stick of memory? Have you tryed taking out the CPU, check it for bent pins, and put it back? Maybe still try to reset your BIOS, by removing the battery for a few seconds?

2 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Thermal Design Power: 65W, so in theory, the 4-pin should give enough power. (I use a A8-5600k, with 100 watts, and from factory, they used only 1 4-pin connector)

http://www.gigabyte.co.nl/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5289

It should also work with version 1 of your BIOS.

Have you tryed to trouble shoot? Like removing one of the memory sticks, testing both slots, 1 at a time, and then doing the same with the second stick of memory? Have you tryed taking out the CPU, check it for bent pins, and put it back? Maybe still try to reset your BIOS, by removing the battery for a few seconds?

As for cpu, there are no bents. its super golden.

when i remove fan sticks i get those beeps (short continous)

when i put on them i didn't get any beeps, fans run and no display. Also tried single ram , diff DIMM slots all those combinations. Still no result. is it that my PSU is not giving enough power supply though it states 450w?

The single 4-pin connector should work fine with your mobo/CPU. I've checked the internet, and just as with my mobo, your should work with low power usage CPU's, which your CPU is. This should not be the problem.

Considering you do get beeps after removing the ram, and no beeps when installed, fans spinning up etc, I think the problem lies with the video output signal, and not so much with your CPU.

(my mobo had 1x 4 pin connector connected, with only a 300 watt PSU, so your PSU should be fine, also considering my CPU uses alot more watts then your CPU does...)

If resetting BIOS did not work, try adding a GPU if you have one, or try to connect your screen using a different port (if possible).

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

The single 4-pin connector should work fine with your mobo/CPU. I've checked the internet, and just as with my mobo, your should work with low power usage CPU's, which your CPU is. This should not be the problem.

Considering you do get beeps after removing the ram, and no beeps when installed, fans spinning up etc, I think the problem lies with the video output signal, and not so much with your CPU.

(my mobo had 1x 4 pin connector connected, with only a 300 watt PSU, so your PSU should be fine, also considering my CPU uses alot more watts then your CPU does...)

If resetting BIOS did not work, try adding a GPU if you have one, or try to connect your screen using a different port (if possible).

well i have Even adding GPU, i also tried different graphics card, didn't give any output. I tried both HDMI and VGA ports also i checked my monitor, it works fine with the cables. idk where the problem is. is it that my case is shorting the mother board? like the stand offs from the case?

2 minutes ago, BlackSpecs said:

is it that my case is shorting the mother board? like the stand offs from the case?

99.9% sure it's not. However, you could put the mobo on the mobo box, outside of your case. If GPU's did not work, I have no idea about your problem, but I really doubt the single 4-pin is the problem here. Can't really help you any further... Sorry could not help.

5 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

99.9% sure it's not. However, you could put the mobo on the mobo box, outside of your case. If GPU's did not work, I have no idea about your problem, but I really doubt the single 4-pin is the problem here. Can't really help you any further... Sorry could not help.

Its ok bud, thanks for your time though.. ill try breadboarding my mobo and try again. also i guess ill try 8 pin connector. if i find any results ill be sure to update it here so it may help some one else ... :D tysm  mate :D