Wanted to add more memory into my system and now the old one is not working

Hey!

Yesterday arrived my newly ordered memory kit, and wanted to upgrade my build from 8Gb to 16Gb, but something went wrong...

TL;DR at bottom

To start it off here is my pc:

Asus H97mPlus

G.SKILL RIPJAWS 2x4GB 1.5V CL9 1866Mhz (F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL)

Intel i5 4590

Antec HCG 520W

Asus GTX 760
The one i wanted to add to my system was:

2x4GB Klevv Urbane CL9 1600Mhz 1.5V (Hynix's new brand)

I put all 4 them in. Does not work. (NO POST)

Take out them and only use the 2 new ones. Working

Add 1 old stick. Does not

Put the 2 old back. Works

Put 1 new stick in does not.

I tried every slot and it would not work at all.

I was like okay i send the new ones back and put my old stuff back in and try to sell my current ones and try to buy a 16gb kit.

But as i did that my pc would not boot with my 2 old sticks.

Tried MEMOK

Tried Battery out

Tried Battery+Jumper

Still nothing.

I put my  new ones in and it works fine. I am like wtf did my old ones broke or what? I did not do any damage to them and i was careful while handling stuff. Also tried the slots as well but no success.

I used my G.Skill rams at 1600Mhz and CL9 since i have them at 1.5V so i assumed if all the specs are the same it could work but if it does not i can send them back, however it turned out to be that my old ones got fucked.

I ran Windows's mem test it did not find any errors. I ran Memtest86+ 2 passes did not have any issue either.

Also the new ram's manufacturer (Klevv) is undefined in the BIOS while my old ones were displayed as it should. (g.Skill)

TL;DR: Bought a new kit did not work therefore i wanted to send them back and use old ones but now pc does not boot with old ones. (Not in either slot. Nor in single or dual channel)

What can i do to use my old ones again? I have 30 days to send the new ones which i am currently using back

Any help is appreciated

2 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Its because u buy a different brands..
they  has different timings and frequency thats why it wont work.

Return it and buy the same kit as your old ram.

Yea, no. You can mix and match and RAM is only made by 3 people anyway but that's beside the point.

If you have another board test the old sticks with it. There should be no reason that your old sticks wouldn't work with your new ones. 

Steve

The specs are the same, however secondary timings could be different. Thing is i know it is not guaranteed to work even if they have the same specs but i gave it a shot and thought i could send it back if it does not work together, but now i am fucked since my old rams wont work. I did not account for my old rams to be

I think i can sell my old sticks and it will be alright, however i still want to upgrade to 16gb.

Would it be okay if i buy 1 more 8Gig kit (same Klevv Urbane kit) and put these 2 seperate dual channel kits into my Mobo?

My H97mPlus supports only dual channel and it has 4 slot so i assume it can take 2 dual channel kits at the same time.

16 minutes ago, Shifty1337 said:

Would it be okay if i buy 1 more 8Gig kit (same Klevv Urbane kit) and put these 2 seperate dual channel kits into my Mobo?

My H97mPlus supports only dual channel and it has 4 slot so i assume it can take 2 dual channel kits at the same time.

Yes, I bought two sets of Klevv Fit 2x4 DDR3 six months apart with no issue. For that matter I ran two sticks of Klevv along side of two sticks of 2Gb Ramaxel 1333Mhz with absolutely no issues?? Are your board and Dimms clean? No dust or cat hair in the contacts? Cigarette smoke?

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

4 hours ago, asand1 said:

Yes, I bought two sets of Klevv Fit 2x4 DDR3 six months apart with no issue. For that matter I ran two sticks of Klevv along side of two sticks of 2Gb Ramaxel 1333Mhz with absolutely no issues?? Are your board and Dimms clean? No dust or cat hair in the contacts? Cigarette smoke?

They are clean yes. (cleaned with compressed air)

Also all slots work with the new kit but the old kit just does not post at all. The old ones been working for 2 years with no problems. Speeachless is the best word i can describe what i feel.

One more thing. My BIOS says the rams manufacturer is : Undefinied. Does it mean it is not genuine? I run memtest86+ so i guess it will be okay, but G.SKILL was displayed in my bios as manufacturer, but with Klevv it just does not get detected. Is it the same with you?

Edited by Shifty1337
Another question came to mind

8 hours ago, Shifty1337 said:

They are clean yes. (cleaned with compressed air)

Also all slots work with the new kit but the old kit just does not post at all. The old ones been working for 2 years with no problems. Speeachless is the best word i can describe what i feel.

One more thing. My BIOS says the rams manufacturer is : Undefinied. Does it mean it is not genuine? I run memtest86+ so i guess it will be okay, but G.SKILL was displayed in my bios as manufacturer, but with Klevv it just does not get detected. Is it the same with you?

My BIOS doesn't have a spot where it shows a RAM name. CPUz does show the RAM as KLEVV though.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

On 11/9/2016 at 6:32 PM, Shifty1337 said:

Hey!

Yesterday arrived my newly ordered memory kit, and wanted to upgrade my build from 8Gb to 16Gb, but something went wrong...

TL;DR at bottom

To start it off here is my pc:

Asus H97mPlus

G.SKILL RIPJAWS 2x4GB 1.5V CL9 1866Mhz (F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL)

Intel i5 4590

Antec HCG 520W

Asus GTX 760
The one i wanted to add to my system was:

2x4GB Klevv Urbane CL9 1600Mhz 1.5V (Hynix's new brand)

I put all 4 them in. Does not work. (NO POST)

Take out them and only use the 2 new ones. Working

Add 1 old stick. Does not

Put the 2 old back. Works

Put 1 new stick in does not.

I tried every slot and it would not work at all.

I was like okay i send the new ones back and put my old stuff back in and try to sell my current ones and try to buy a 16gb kit.

But as i did that my pc would not boot with my 2 old sticks.

Tried MEMOK

Tried Battery out

Tried Battery+Jumper

Still nothing.

I put my  new ones in and it works fine. I am like wtf did my old ones broke or what? I did not do any damage to them and i was careful while handling stuff. Also tried the slots as well but no success.

I used my G.Skill rams at 1600Mhz and CL9 since i have them at 1.5V so i assumed if all the specs are the same it could work but if it does not i can send them back, however it turned out to be that my old ones got fucked.

I ran Windows's mem test it did not find any errors. I ran Memtest86+ 2 passes did not have any issue either.

Also the new ram's manufacturer (Klevv) is undefined in the BIOS while my old ones were displayed as it should. (g.Skill)

TL;DR: Bought a new kit did not work therefore i wanted to send them back and use old ones but now pc does not boot with old ones. (Not in either slot. Nor in single or dual channel)

What can i do to use my old ones again? I have 30 days to send the new ones which i am currently using back

Any help is appreciated

Go to bios and change timings and speed to same.

Sold it, and it works for him. i am going to order one more klevv kit from the same company and it is due to arrive tuesday.

Problem not quite solved but rather dodged. No idea why was it acting like that tho.

11 hours ago, asand1 said:

My BIOS doesn't have a spot where it shows a RAM name. CPUz does show the RAM as KLEVV though.

My bios says Undefinied and CpuZ just Blank (greyed out) I hope this does not mean my ram is not genuine or something.