PC Freezing... Is my GTX 1070 shutting down?

X_Splinter
Go to solution Solved by X_Splinter,

I did a clean install of GTX1070 drivers, updated the MSI Gaming APP and updated the BIOS.

I have played twice and no crashes... I hope they wont come back

Hey guys, first here's my setup: X_Splinter RIG

I built it like 2 months ago and I had this happening once until now. In 1 hour of playing Battlefiled 1 the PC frooze 3 times.

Image stops, audio makes a constant noise the lights on the my MSI Gaming GTX 1070 turn off and my PC doesn't respond. Solution is to unplug the power (not even hardware buttons work).

I have been playing this game with no problems until now, on theis last freeze the CPU was at 39 ºC and the GPU at 71ºC which is think its normal.

Any idea how can troubleshoot this? I find strange that the GPU lights go off while everything stands on

I've actually have this problem with my current gtx760 on some games like Overwatch, Rocket League if I play them for extended periods of time :/ - I honestly don't know what is up :(

What I could try is doing a clean install of your graphics driver and set your graphics card to maximum performance setting in the control panel for it, other than that I don't know either because I've been experiencing the same problems :( - I hope I helped :| 

make sure all the electric plugs are seated and reseat ram and graphics card, clean out dust if needed. You could also try reseting the bios to see if that helps, if your mobo has the option to save settings I'd recommend trying, worst case you have to pop open the bios and reload your overclocks and settings 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

An issue like this could have a lot of possible causes, so I don't want to sound too certain… but with GPU lights going off and the only solution appearing to be unplugging the system, I'd be looking at the PSU. A video card is one of the most power-hungry individual components in the system, so it's not uncommon for a failing PSU to shut down or crash the system when the GPU load ramps up in a game.

Obviously you should try the easier suggestions first: clean install drivers, try to reseat components, reset the BIOS, and so forth. But if/when that doesn't help, it may be worth trying to find a way to test the system with a different power supply. Corsair technical support is superb in my experience, and it may be worth e-mailing them to explain the issue and asking if they know of any easy ways to troubleshoot the issue.

I did a clean install of GTX1070 drivers, updated the MSI Gaming APP and updated the BIOS.

I have played twice and no crashes... I hope they wont come back