having issue with my pc

Alepri99

I'm having some problems with my pc.

after having signal issues with my gpu i changed it and the mobo too, but the problem is still here.

is there a method to test my psu's gpu 6 pins connector without buying a tester? or i must buy it?

Is there anything in particular that's making you think that the problem might be the power supply? I'm wondering if the issue might be with the monitor or possibly with the cable? Swapping those out might be something to do if you have spares laying around before you go and buy a tester. 

Please post the specs of your computer, and the names of the parts you replaced. Cant help with so little information.

13 minutes ago, Alepri99 said:

I'm having some problems with my pc.

after having signal issues with my gpu i changed it and the mobo too, but the problem is still here.

is there a method to test my psu's gpu 6 pins connector without buying a tester? or i must buy it?

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

intel i5 4460 @3.GHz

evga gtx 960 2gb (replaced)

msi h81m-p33 (replaced)

hyperx fury 1600 8gb (2x4gb)

corsair vs450

i have 2 6 pins connectors but with both i still have no signal. 

i've already tried with swapping monitors/cables. i tried other pc's with the same monitor and they work just fine 

3 hours ago, RollinLower said:

you mean signal issues to your monitor? can you be a bit more specific as to what your problem is? it might just be a bad cable from your GPU to your monitor.

i just have no signal on my monitor

4 minutes ago, Alepri99 said:

i just have no signal on my monitor

Are you actually plugging into the GPU and not the motherboard?

If that's not it, it sounds like the cable or monitor is bad. Have you plugged something else into it so see if it's not that that?

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

24 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

Are you actually plugging into the GPU and not the motherboard?

If that's not it, it sounds like the cable or monitor is bad. Have you plugged something else into it so see if it's not that that?

i've already told that. everything is fine from the side of monitor and cables:S and YES i've plugged the cable into the gpu :dry:

10 minutes ago, Alepri99 said:

i've already told that. everything is fine from the side of monitor and cables:S and YES i've plugged the cable into the gpu :dry:

is your bios setup correctly (as in, tell it not to use the iGPU)?

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

8 hours ago, pyrojoe34 said:

is your bios setup correctly (as in, tell it not to use the iGPU)?

Yes

42 minutes ago, Alepri99 said:

Yes

have you tried swapping the GPU out with a friends PC, to see if the problem persists there?

also, try booting the PC without the GPU installed, and see if you get signal through your CPU's iGPU.

6 hours ago, RollinLower said:

have you tried swapping the GPU out with a friends PC, to see if the problem persists there?

also, try booting the PC without the GPU installed, and see if you get signal through your CPU's iGPU.

I've tried that too....

Like pulling teeth... OP you need to  give a lot more info on what you've already tried, how long you've had the PC, did you get a signal before etc etc. People will get annoyed and give up trying to help you if they have to keep asking you if you've tried something already etc. Remember they are here to try and help you, they're doing it of their own free will and taking their free time to try and help you.

I'm not trying to be a mod or anything, just trying to get you to see how hard this is for people trying to help you, good luck with this, hope you get it sorted out :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

9 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Like pulling teeth... OP you need to  give a lot more info on what you've already tried, how long you've had the PC, did you get a signal before etc etc. People will get annoyed and give up trying to help you if they have to keep asking you if you've tried something already etc. Remember they are here to try and help you, they're doing it of their own free will and taking their free time to try and help you.

I'm not trying to be a mod or anything, just trying to get you to see how hard this is for people trying to help you, good luck with this, hope you get it sorted out :)

Alright... i can say you all that i've tried all the components on other pc's except for the ram modules the cpu and the psu.

Everything on my bios (when i should use the video card) is set correctly and the monitor is verified too as the cable i use. i've tried with adapters for both gpu and monitors but nothing. Tell me if you want other infos.

now i repeat the question made before: Is there a method to test the 6 pins connector of my psu without a tester or i have to buy it?