Picking out parts for a loop

So I want to build a custom loop for my PC mainly for the silence. I have an i7 6700k with a Gigabyte G1 1070. I need help or suggestions on what parts I should buy. This is going to be my first time building a custom loop so I will be new to this. I already know a little and I would like suggestions on what cooling liquid to use, how many/how big should I get my radiators for the system above, what pump/reservoir I should get, help to decide if I should use hard or soft tubing, and what fittings I would need. I am still not 100% on what case I will be building the PC in but probably one with a lot of radiator and water cooling support. My Budget is at least 600 US dollars. thanks 

Ive been researching into it a lot recently, debating going for a nice loop for my own rig, and someone directed me to JayzTwoCents-he has a lot of guides on custom loops and a lot of useful info.

I personally use EK because they make everything (Blocks, pumps and reservoir, and the radiators), but things to note are don't mix copper and aluminum. Don't mix silver with nickle plated blocks. Metals you can mix are nickel plated blocks and aluminum, and nickel plated blocks with copper.  A lot of water cooling fluids are fine, but use water first and see how hot your loop gets, some coolants change color with higher temps.

As for how many radiators you need, that depends. How much noise are you willing to stand? Anything from a 360mm and up will handle that heat load. Though you shouldn't need anything over 720mm worth of radiators if you want a really quiet build.

10 hours ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

I personally use EK because they make everything (Blocks, pumps and reservoir, and the radiators), but things to note are don't mix copper and aluminum. Don't mix silver with nickle plated blocks. Metals you can mix are nickel plated blocks and aluminum, and nickel plated blocks with copper.  A lot of water cooling fluids are fine, but use water first and see how hot your loop gets, some coolants change color with higher temps.

As for how many radiators you need, that depends. How much noise are you willing to stand? Anything from a 360mm and up will handle that heat load. Though you shouldn't need anything over 720mm worth of radiators if you want a really quiet build.

sorry but is the 360 and 720mm the length ?

EKWB have everything that you need.

Get this: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p360

And then you just need to buy 2 more fittings for your GPU and water block for your GPU.

And if you want to be on the safe side, buy one more 360mm rad + 2 fittings for it.

Check the cart below:

cart.png

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

On 11/9/2016 at 2:24 AM, Simon771 said:

So this will be quiet?

18 hours ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Depends on how you set (PWM duty cycle %) fans, running them full speed, no.

I'm sorry this is new to me, you can't use acronyms I don't know. What does PWM mean? thanks

19 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

I'm sorry this is new to me, you can't use acronyms I don't know. What does PWM mean? thanks

Pulse width modulation. It's just how fast you set the fan.

IMHO the fans are best kept under 700 rpm, which is doable via pwm control.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS