How often should I update my motherboards drivers?

Go to solution Solved by Simon771,

Well you can always check what version your BIOS is and check if you need to update it.

You can also download drivers from official website and use Device manager, to check if you have the same version or older.

Unless you are having some weird problems with your PC, I wouldn't even bother with motherboard drivers and bios updates xD

Why mess with it, if it works just fine.

Hi, I am wondering how often should I update my motherboard drivers? I have a MSI H110M PRO-VH and I am new to PC gaming. I know when to update the graphics card drivers but I never see any videos about updating motherboard drivers. Thanks for your help.

Well you can always check what version your BIOS is and check if you need to update it.

You can also download drivers from official website and use Device manager, to check if you have the same version or older.

Unless you are having some weird problems with your PC, I wouldn't even bother with motherboard drivers and bios updates xD

Why mess with it, if it works just fine.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Pretty much only if you have an issue that with the board. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

BIOS updates are usually for new product compatibility and bug fixes.

I check my motherboard's support website like 4 times a year, and update accordingly.

Generally motherboard drivers are very stable, so unless you're running into an issue motherboard related, you don't really have to update. 

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

I also take the above logic said by Simon, why mess with it when it works fine.

Generally, I would say to check or update them every time you fresh install windows which would be not often at all :P

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Thanks for ye're help. I see plenty of videos about updating graphics drivers but nothing about motherboard drivers.

29 minutes ago, Mello said:

I have MSI Live Update it's really great and easy, I don't know if it works on your motherboard, but you could try.

I'll try it.

5 minutes ago, Cabre_01 said:

I'll try it.

It works, thanks!

40 minutes ago, Cabre_01 said:

It works, thanks!

No problem, glad to help.