Killer AC1535 issue need help

I bought a Aorus X5v6 a week ago. I am having problem with the download speed with it in my room. I only got 1-2MB per second compare to the 3 I got on my old Toshiba laptop(according to steam) and about 4 time as bad lag. I decide to try again in my living room where the router is located. I got 3.8 with my Aorus. With is the listed speed for my home's internet(30Mbps, 3.75MB per second). I tried to move around a bit and figure out is the range causing the slow connection. I literally move back 2 meter and the speed drop to 3.2MB per second. I contacted Aorus support with little success so I Google it. I found out some Alienware and MSI with the killer card also have this problem. My question is: is this a defect on some product or is it just a characteristic of the Killer network card? If this is a characteristic of the network card, is the anything I can do to improve the situation? My house is fairly old, running a second router or just wire to my room is not very practical, so that solution is not viable. Any help would be appreciated.