Pc for 3d rendering around 1000$

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

@WoodenMarker he's still at school. and the software he use is photoshop, illustrator, autodesk softimage, after effects, première.

so i've change the power supply and added a ssd :

Alright., My recommendations: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1SX35

Hi my brother is in multimidia where they do web design and 3d animation and he need a pc. here's what i come up with :

CPU:  Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($295.97 @ Outlet PC) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($124.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Video Card:  MSI GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card  ($294.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1140.87
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-24 21:17 EDT-0400)

he have a budget of around 1k we only need the computer. i'm not quite sure what to choose for cpu between a 8core amd or an intell i7 and maybe go with a professional grade card such as quadro or firepro cards ?? thanks for your replies !!

software he use is autodesk soft image, adobe photoshop, after effects, illustrator.

I would look at an 8350, and say a 7950 instead, and with the saved money put it towards upgrading your rig.

Don't need professional cards for this, it runs off the old school computers (i5 750 and gt430) fine, rendering was slow lol) But with what i stated it would be fast enough and could game too. 

Psu is overkill and look at an SSD

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Is he doing work professionally or is he still just learning?

Programs being used?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

then i'll need to change the motherboard to ? because the socket is lga1155 ? any sugestion of a good mobo for quality / feature / price ? and thanks for your reply ! aren't nvidia card better for after effects because of cuda ?

@WoodenMarker he's still at school. and the software he use is photoshop, illustrator, autodesk softimage, after effects, première.

CPU:  Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($295.97 @ Outlet PC) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($124.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($92.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card:  MSI GeForce GTX 760 4GB Video Card  ($294.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1198.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-24 22:00 EDT-0400)

Alright., My recommendations: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1SX35

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker ok i understand the change of cpu because more core > more procecing power  > faster rendering ? I guess ?  But I don't understand why you changed the GPU. why a 7950 isn't there a way in After Effects to use the CUDA platform, which is on the Nvidia side ?  I know the 760 is equals to the 7950 although the one that i chosed had 4gb of ram. does the ram on the GPU matter ? thanks again for your time and your awnser !! 

@WoodenMarker ok i understand the change of cpu because more core > more procecing power  > faster rendering ? I guess ?  But I don't understand why you changed the GPU. why a 7950 isn't there a way in After Effects to use the CUDA platform, which is on the Nvidia side ?  I know the 760 is equals to the 7950 although the one that i chosed had 4gb of ram. does the ram on the GPU matter ? thanks again for your time and your awnser !! 

As far as I know, Sony Vegas has been able to use OpenCL for acceleration at at least since version 11 and maybe even before that.. The 760 isn't equal to the 7950. The 7950 is actually quite a bit more powerful than the 760 and will be substantially better for Sony Vegas. The vram on the gpu can be used to accelerate renders. There's little point getting the 4GB of the 760 though because it's not even powerful enough to utilize all of the 4GB. The 7950 would be better with it's wider memory bus and actually being able to use all 3GB of it's vram. 

@WoodenMarker I think his school use more Adobe software like PS, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, After Effect and Premiere. So i know AE can use CUDA for acceleration and openCL so i guess the Nvidia Cards are not necessary for this. Since the parts you chosed only cost for total of 974$ should he buy more for more RAM ? or go with a 7970

@WoodenMarker I think his school use more Adobe software like PS, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, After Effect and Premiere. So i know AE can use CUDA for acceleration and openCL so i guess the Nvidia Cards are not necessary for this. Since the parts you chosed only cost for total of 974$ should he buy more for more RAM ? or go with a 7970

Unless he wants more gaming performance, the price bump for for the 7970 from the 7950 or more ram won't help much for what he's doing until he gets into really heavy work. The current system is fine. Save some money, get some food and upgrade later if he feels it's necessary.