Autotransfer and compress videoes from PC to Server

Crafting

I would like to have my game recordings automatically transferred to my server, where it should compress itself.

My question is, is there any way that this could be automated? auto-transfer to another pc on the network, and then have it compress them using Handbrake or some other program like that?

-Crafting

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Armor OC RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper SSD: Samsung 850 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Peripherals: Monitor: 27'' QHD 144Hz Acer XF270HUA Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can make a bash or batch script to do this.

Where would one learn how to do this? It's a while ago since I last used and wrote batch files...

-Crafting

Main Rig: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 GPU: GTX 1070 MSI Armor OC RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper SSD: Samsung 850 250GB HDD: 2TB Seagate Peripherals: Monitor: 27'' QHD 144Hz Acer XF270HUA Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Brown)

On 7-11-2016 at 3:17 PM, Crafting said:

I would like to have my game recordings automatically transferred to my server, where it should compress itself.

My question is, is there any way that this could be automated? auto-transfer to another pc on the network, and then have it compress them using Handbrake or some other program like that?

-Crafting

you can do this by installing dropfolders. this is a adobe air program what uses a watch folder where you put your recordings. then dropfolders app uses the parameters set by you to determine what encoding should be done and after that it drops the new files on the folder you want. so if you put your smb server adres there of you server, in theory you got yourself a automated transform script running.

as some more info about what i said. it is an open source addition to the program handbrake. you can find more about it on this site.

dropfolders