ES CPU From Work, what Mobo to fit?

Just got a Xeon E5 2658 V3 from work to test out.

And wanted to know if any X99 mobo will work with it since it is a ES?

If yes will the 

ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming

work for with it?

the problem with ES CPUs is that they only work with limited number of mobos

you need to pair it with the model you know it already works with - even check the BIOS version if it matches

I don't know what they call this number... but what do you have where the Q4RM is on this CPU?

qspc_engineering_sample.jpg

Its like the "revision" number for the ES CPUs, I can't find it right now, but somewhere out there is a google docs sheet that gets updated with what boards work for which ES CPUs.

IIRC, pretty much none of the ES Xeons would work with gaming boards other than the really late revisions that is essentially the final product. Thankfully though those late ones are more common out in the wild.

41 minutes ago, Scheer said:

I don't know what they call this number... but what do you have where the Q4RM is on this CPU?

That is just the microcode revisions anything with a qxxx is an ES cpu.

Really the QS cpus are the ones you want, they will have a the bugs fixed.

1 hour ago, Lumaci said:

Just got a Xeon E5 2658 V3 from work to test out.

And wanted to know if any X99 mobo will work with it since it is a ES?

If it is an ES cpu technically it isn't even an e5 cpu just one that resembles it, and it will have bugs, and issues which is why it may not work on some boards.

If you got it from "work" then where ever you work most likely has a motherboard to test it out, otherwise why else would intel lease them the cpu? Otherwise your "work" would know what motherboards would be compatible. Your best bet to get it to work would be a server chipset board, a "c" series and not a x99 board.

The only reason to buy a asus rog board would be if you thought it would give you better gaming performance (it doesn't) or for aesthetics (unnecesary for "work"), if you are thinking about gaming on this cpu don't, it will be crap due to the low clockspeed.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Not gonna game, and i work for a shop they just have them in a showroom they got a newer cpu in its spot now so no one knows and the reason why that mobl is cuz its the cheapest in my contry that still has the things i need and still looks semi good :)

If anyone else find this post sometime, found out all ES QEFY works with all X99 mobo's that support's the 5820K or 99% of all Asrock and asus bords.