Is the motherboard R.I.P?

Finished building a shiny new PC today. I go to turn it on and get completely nothing. Thinking it was a power supply issue, I put it in a computer I had laying around. Plug everything in, push the button, and it works. So this leads me to believe it's a motherboard issue. I go to jump start it and nothing happens. So is this indeed a motherboard issue? And if so, how do I fix it?

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

3 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

Finished building a shiny new PC today. I go to turn it on and get completely nothing. Thinking it was a power supply issue, I put it in a computer I had laying around. Plug everything in, push the button, and it works. So this leads me to believe it's a motherboard issue. I go to jump start it and nothing happens. So is this indeed a motherboard issue? And if so, how do I fix it?

try taking out 1 ram stick and checking if the on button is properly plugged in - if there is a start button on ur mobo press that instead

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

try taking out 1 ram stick and checking if the on button is properly plugged in - if there is a start button on ur mobo press that instead

It's not ram, if it was the pc would power up for a second or two, but the fact that there is nothing suggests it either psu or motherboard 

Take out everything ( ram, gpu, hard drives ) and let only the cpu in the socket, try starting the board with a screwdriver directly into the front panel pins, maybe the button is just dead.

Have you rechecked all your connections and made sure everything's plugged in the right direction and with the right plug?

If so, try disconnecting everything from the motherboard except the CPU and a single stick of RAM in DIMM_1. Jump it with a screwdriver. Does it start? No? Swap out the RAM. Does it start? No? Motherboard.

Be absolutely certain the motherboard power connections are fully in and in the correct orientation, not flipped upside-down.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

11 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Have you rechecked all your connections and made sure everything's plugged in the right direction and with the right plug?

If so, try disconnecting everything from the motherboard except the CPU and a single stick of RAM in DIMM_1. Jump it with a screwdriver. Does it start? No? Swap out the RAM. Does it start? No? Motherboard.

Be absolutely certain the motherboard power connections are fully in and in the correct orientation, not flipped upside-down.

14 minutes ago, Rng | Coz said:

Take out everything ( ram, gpu, hard drives ) and let only the cpu in the socket, try starting the board with a screwdriver directly into the front panel pins, maybe the button is just dead.

14 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

It's not ram, if it was the pc would power up for a second or two, but the fact that there is nothing suggests it either psu or motherboard 

16 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Tried doing all of these and still nothing. Does that mean the motherboard is completely dead. Here is the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/bGKBTH

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Just now, Gonio said:

You sure you touch the correct pins for jumping the mobo?

yep

If your PSU is working perfectly fine on another PC, then yeah, I'd say DOA mobo.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.