People who compare by just RAM size and HDD size....

stevena184

I was at work today, someone came into the shop asking for a PC system, they wanted a new computer system to browse the internet, right now, we can get AMD quad core systems with Windows 7, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and Windows 7. He said it was for his nan, she wanted a new PC thats as similar to XP as possible. I said obviously, we cant put XP on a new machine because of its age, but Windows 7 is as close as you're going to get. He then said he could get for £279 from PC world the same PC with 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD... Completely ignoring the fact it was a very low end APU setup and not a quad core setup which would futureproof them so they wouldn't have to spend out £££ in 4 years because it's grinded to a hault!

Any moments similar? Whats your experience? 

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

I use this rig mainly for facebook and emails. Pointless effort to be honest!

The number of times people have asked me for more "Rams" makes me want to punch infants... or wonder if they own a ranch.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Yea i can't stand when people buy things they know nothing about. Like when i see someone with a beast gaming rig and they are like idk what GPU I have but it says alienware on it so it must be good.

Add to that that people who argue whos got more expensive components or faster clocked RAM...

Must.

Download.

More.

RAM.

http://downloadmoreram.com/

MOAR!!!!!

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Pretty much everyone I know is computarded, it's not entirely their fault, big box stores push those crap PC's with 8GB or RAM and big harddrives because they know people don't know better.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Bigger numbers = better apparently. The numbers are easier to understand for those who aren't really tech savvy and they are pushed to believe that more RAM and a bigger HDD means its a better system overall.

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | ASUS STRIX 970 | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB/256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 240GB Intel 335 Series | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 10 Pro

Since you've posted a topic for this, it seems like you haven't discovered this wonderful gem: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

Enjoy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

*cough* PC World *cough*

computarded,

Oi! Dont go calling console "gamers" names. They might not know much, but there isnt reason to use names...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Pretty much everyone I know is computarded, it's not entirely their fault, big box stores push those crap PC's with 8GB or RAM and big harddrives because they know people don't know better.

I have to deal with people everyday like this :( I wanted a career in IT, not to show old people what the difference between dual core and quad core... it's obvious, quad is 4, dual is 2, 4 is better than 2!!!

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

People don't understand that there is more to computers than RAM and storage space. It's not really their fault though.

They just don't have the knowledge about any other part of the computer. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have to deal with people everyday like this :( I wanted a career in IT, not to show old people what the difference between dual core and quad core... it's obvious, quad is 4, dual is 2, 4 is better than 2!!!

Quad core isn't necessarily better than dual core, it would totally depend on what processor you're talking about.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Once in a while when I'm passing, I go into PC world and see what they try to sell me! It's mostly crap, they did try selling me a ''gaming PC'' with a HD7650 or something shitty like that in it! £700+...

one of my friends got a new laptop and she knows nothing about hardware then my other friend called her out for not knowing how much ram it had. he then said he'll be getting a new laptop next year and wants so and so specs. So i said no wait until next year's black friday so that you can get a good deal on laptops based on Broadwell cpu's and he didn't know what i was talking about.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Quad core isn't necessarily better than dual core, it would totally depend on what processor you're talking about.

I'm talking quad core APU vs dual core APU, I know the I3's can kick the AMD cheap quad cores in the corners... but I'm thinking on an APU side of things