Wait for zen?

Go to solution Solved by Brian McKee,

At this point i'd wait to see the offerings. It won't be long till AMD unveils it entirely (another month or two) so you can make your full informed decision then.

Should I do I really small upgrade now and wait for zen and vega or upgrade a lot now? 

1 minute ago, g12601 said:

Depends, what do you have.

A pre built workstation from hp...

1 minute ago, chimado said:

A pre built workstation from hp...

Oh, well in that case....  What's your budget?

1 minute ago, g12601 said:

I would build something new.

He means how much money do you want to spend

Just now, g12601 said:

I would build something new.

That's the point I was going to work towards. I agree. 

1 minute ago, CobbleWalker said:

Oh, well in that case....  What's your budget?

Around 1800$ for PC mouse keyboard and monitor, if I upgrade now I will get something like a 750 ti rx 460 or gtx 1050

1 minute ago, Endrivia said:

He means how much money do you want to spend

1 minute ago, CobbleWalker said:

That's the point I was going to work towards. I agree. 

I quoted the wrong person, sorry about that. 

Waiting is always better.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

Waiting is always better.

Nope.

Right now it's a good choice, but waiting forever means you'll never reap the benefits.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

Nope.

Right now it's a good choice, but waiting forever means you'll never reap the benefits.

I didn't say wait "forever".

But go ahead and teach me how waiting isn't better.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

I didn't say wait "forever."

But go ahead and teach me how waiting isn't better.

"Waiting is always better" means "always wait," which means "wait forever."

But I did say it's a good choice right now, so I've got nothing to teach.

Yeah, I'm nitpicking like a bastard (Or a programmer...), but word choice is important.

18 minutes ago, chimado said:

if I upgrade now I will get something like a 750 ti rx 460 or gtx 1050

Don't do that.

If you want to make that budget stretch as far as possible though wait until Thanksgiving to get the 6600k+Z170 board+RAM. Newegg usually sells the current unlocked i5 for $200 every Thanksgiving. I'd jump on their Seasonic S12II power supply for $40 right now though. You'll probably find a good deal on a case for Thanksgiving too. If you bought today the Fractal Define S is a great deal ($70 with window, $60 without).

At this point i'd wait to see the offerings. It won't be long till AMD unveils it entirely (another month or two) so you can make your full informed decision then.

35 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

"Waiting is always better" means "always wait," which means "wait forever."

But I did say it's a good choice right now, so I've got nothing to teach.

Yeah, I'm nitpicking like a bastard (Or a programmer...), but word choice is important.

No it doesn't mean that, and yes you're nitpicking like a bastard, not a programmer.

I said waiting in general is always better. He said he was waiting for Zen, and so I meant waiting for Zen or whatever he waited for was always better.

Choice of words is important, but so is context.

1 hour ago, elkenrod said:

Don't do that.

Why? it's like 75$ without sales 

41 minutes ago, chimado said:

Why? it's like 75$ without sales 

By all means, if you only have $100 to spend to make your PC better, and aren't planning to spend any more money in the next 6 months, get one.

But you did mention potentially putting $1800 toward a brand new build.  $100 is going to be more valuable in that scenario.

The 750ti especially is approaching "low tier junk status".  I know this because I have one.  $100 can get you something you would need for your new PC..... 

8 GB of Ram

A nice case with extra fans

Power Supply

SSD

a Very nice CPU cooler

24" 1080p IPS monitor (Black Friday).

1 hour ago, Shahnewaz said:

No it doesn't mean that, and yes you're nitpicking like a bastard, not a programmer.

I said that programmer thing because... You know that joke, "A programmer said he was going to the store, his roommate said to get some bread while he was out. He never came back and his bank account was depleted."

I wouldn't even bother. Last time it was Phenom and then Bulldozer. Just buy what you need now tbh