Help me complete my audio setup

circle

Hey,

Several years ago, I bought myself the following setup:

A pair of Bowers & Wilkins 683

An Amp from Rotel - RA06

And a CD player Rotel - RCD06

I didn't have the space to take this setup with me to university, so I left it at my parents place and it hasn't been used for a long time. While I still like collecting CDs, I did get used to controlling my music via my computer. Nowadays I'm to lazy to get up to change CDs. So I'd like to hook up my PC to my audio setup, and I'm not sure what I'm looking for to do so. I guess I'll definitely need some kind of DAC since the integrated audio on my motherboard introduces a sever hissing noise that I can't seem to get rid of. Basically what I'd like to have is a small box sitting on top of my desktop which would connect my PC with my amp, and would allow me to change the volume, change sources,  listen to music via headphones and plug smartphones in and play music of them. So what am I looking for? Does such a magical little box exist? A small Amp/Dac combo unit? I don't really want to put the whole Amp on my desk since it is quite big. However I also don't need more power for my speaker, since right now already at 30% volume they are painfully loud.

Budget-wise I want something that makes "sense" with what I already have, so not something completly overkill, but I'd be willing to pay up to something like 1000€.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and tips! :)

Edited by circle

3 hours ago, circle said:

Basically what I'd like to have is a small box sitting on top of my desktop which would connect my PC with my amp, and would allow me to change the volume, change sources,  listen to music via headphones and plug smartphones in and play music of them. So what am I looking for? Does such a magical little box exist? A small Amp/Dac combo unit? I don't really want to put the whole Amp on my desk since it is quite big. However I also don't need more power for my speaker, since right now already at 30% volume they are painfully loud.

Sounds to me like what you'll want is external audio from your PC to an Audio switch or a small Mixing Board. These normally have amps built in from what I remember [I was looking into doing a similar audio setup because I collect CDs to have as momentos but actually use digital music all the time for listening] 

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

3 hours ago, circle said:

Basically what I'd like to have is a small box sitting on top of my desktop which would connect my PC with my amp, and would allow me to change the volume, change sources,  listen to music via headphones and plug smartphones in and play music of them. So what am I looking for? Does such a magical little box exist? A small Amp/Dac combo unit? I don't really want to put the whole Amp on my desk since it is quite big. However I also don't need more power for my speaker, since right now already at 30% volume they are painfully loud.

Sounds to me like what you'll want is external audio from your PC to an Audio switch or a small Mixing Board. These normally have amps built in from what I remember [I was looking into doing a similar audio setup because I collect CDs to have as momentos but actually use digital music all the time for listening] 

I realize I'm on Amazon US so hopefully they have a similar solution on Amazon UK but something like this is what I was going for when I was looking to make my audio setup
https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-802-Premium-8-Input-Preamps/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478437514&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+mixing+board

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Thanks for the tip! But I'm looking for something less imposing, since I don't need that many different inputs. Do you think I could use a headphone DAC/AMP combo and run that to my stereo Amp?