Need help picking parts

Can someone help me pick out parts for my PC? I would hold out for a X99 System but I am 110000000% done with my current ones bullshit. Since I don't have $2000 for a X99 system, I would like a new one for around $1000. Can someone help me out? I would like to Overclock. Silence is a thing. Im thinking a 6700K with a GTX 1070 from EVGA but im not sure if that is possible. Thanks. 16GB RAM Minimum

Breaking things 1 day at a time

4 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Can someone help me pick out parts for my PC? I would hold out for a X99 System but I am 110000000% done with my current ones bullshit. Since I don't have $2000 for a X99 system, I would like a new one for around $1000. Can someone help me out? I would like to Overclock. Silence is a thing. Im thinking a 6700K with a GTX 1070 from EVGA but im not sure if that is possible. Thanks. 16GB RAM Minimum

what are the components in your current system and why do you feel the need to upgrade? you could spend $1000 bucks on X99 now, recycle some things like your PSU, storage, GPU, and so on, and then down the road in 6 months or a year when you have more money again you could drop a new GPU into the system

Also, what do you intend to use your PC for? you may not even need X99

Just now, Zyndo said:

what are the components in your current system and why do you feel the need to upgrade? you could spend $1000 bucks on X99 now, recycle some things like your PSU, storage, GPU, and so on, and then down the road in 6 months or a year when you have more money again you could drop a new GPU into the system

I can't spend $1000 right now tho. Parts are in my sig and have been nothing but trouble. If I can I am trying to get $700 for it and then work for another $300 or however much it is, and use my Macbook Pro in the mean time

It's hard to get a 6700K and GTX 1070 inside of a 1000 USD budget.

This is something decent I put together (no Windows included):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($389.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1113.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 16:52 EDT-0400

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Also, what do you intend to use your PC for? you may not even need X99

I don't need X99. Its just a Enthusiast Chip (6800K) and I am an enthusiast

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

You'll need to spend atleast around 1200$ for a GTX 1070 and 6700K

Well can you throw together a parts list? (with a 6600K or a 6700K). Probably a Phantex Evolv ATX TG

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

Do you mind reusing your hard-drives and and case?

Nah wanna get rid of those too. Trying to sell my system as a standalone thing for moms who want to give kids christmas gifts or something

2 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Well can you throw together a parts list? (with a 6600K or a 6700K). Probably a Phantex Evolv ATX TG

Yeah, sure gimme a min. 

3 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Will be a bit hard to fit such an expensive case into this budget. What about the NZXT S340 Elite? It has TG and is really nice. 

You know you can overclock i7-6xxx non-k series, so a i7-6700 will be fine 

1 minute ago, zehao39 said:

You know you can overclock i7-6xxx non-k series, so a i7-6700 will be fine 

I don't think you can

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Will be a bit hard to fit such an expensive case into this budget. What about the NZXT S340 Elite? It has TG and is really nice. 

Eh. Figure it out if you can. I can go above $1000. Just needs to work for the next few years

Just now, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I can't spend $1000 right now tho. Parts are in my sig and have been nothing but trouble. If I can I am trying to get $700 for it and then work for another $300 or however much it is, and use my Macbook Pro in the mean time

so when you said "I would like a new one for around $1000" you really meant that you don't have $1000? xD

You could understand my confusion...

well if you want a high end rig, you very definitely should not be spending 700 at a time. That being said, if you can hold out a bit longer, you CAN get into X99 with more than 16GB of RAM if you recycle your other components: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pgzKcc

2 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Nah wanna get rid of those too. Trying to sell my system as a standalone thing for moms who want to give kids christmas gifts or something

You cannot build a system with a 6700k or 1070 for 700 bucks. 6700k is 350, 1070 is at least 400... that is 750 right there, and that is without any other part of the computer. and it doesn't make much sense to buy things now if you have the income to get something better in a few months time.

Looking at the specs of your current computer, there is no reason it shouldn't function okay-ish for a gaming workload (which I'm assuming that is what you're doing since you haven't told me otherwise). Try reinstalling windows, or consider doing a PC cleanup. It should perform much better than a macbook pro at pretty much anything and everything, and if its not, then that is a software/user caused issue, not a hardware one.

Maybe something like this? I'll make a 700$ build if you want, but it'll have an i5 6500 and GTX 1060. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jTPx2R
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jTPx2R/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($68.00 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1206.31
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 17:00 EDT-0400

I don't think you can

yes you can just need some bios change

Maybe something like this? I'll make a 700$ build if you want, but it'll have an i5 6500 and GTX 1060. 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC) 

No I wanna spend more than $700. Thats just what I want to sell my current machine for

No I wanna spend more than $700. Thats just what I want to sell my current machine for

Oh, I read it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

By the way, you should also consider faster memory. 

By the way, you should also consider faster memory. 

Thought memory speed didn't make a difference. (Or at least a noticeable one)

I'm seeing a lot of recommendations but did I miss what the actual issue/s was/were? Would be silly to trade-in a Camaro with a broken signal light for a Lambo unless the owner just wanted and has the money for a Lambo and the signal light is just the excuse for it.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 minute ago, meenmeen1103 said:

I'm seeing a lot of recommendations but did I miss what the actual issue/s was/were? Would be silly to trade-in a Camaro with a broken signal light for a Lambo unless the owner just wanted and has the money for a Lambo and the signal light is just the excuse for it.

No my system is legitamitly a peice of shit. Its got 4 year old hardware. Windows hardware reserves 4.1GB of RAM. Its loud. Its hot. FPS in games drops unexplainably.

So the Camaro has a broken signal light, radiator leak, worn wheel bearings, 140k miles, and a throttle position sensor that cuts out randomly. Fair enough.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

19 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

So the Camaro has a broken signal light, radiator leak, worn wheel bearings, 140k miles, and a throttle position sensor that cuts out randomly. Fair enough.

yep