List of G-Sync Monitors with Refresh Rate Ranges?

Scionyde
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
7 hours ago, Scionyde said:

I know AMD has a nice list on their website with their available Freesync monitors, displaying the refresh rate range over which Freesync eliminates tearing. Does anybody know if there's anything similar for G-Sync monitors? Even for individual G-Sync monitors, it's sometimes tricky to find the variable refresh rate range - the manufacturer's website doesn't always seem to display it.

All G-Sync monitors can maintain G-Sync mode from 0 Hz to their maximum refresh frequency. While the LCD panel does technically have a lower limit of operation (usually around 30-40 Hz) they use duplicate frames to maintain G-Sync at framerates down to zero, which is invisible to the external user.

I know AMD has a nice list on their website with their available Freesync monitors, displaying the refresh rate range over which Freesync eliminates tearing. Does anybody know if there's anything similar for G-Sync monitors? Even for individual G-Sync monitors, it's sometimes tricky to find the variable refresh rate range - the manufacturer's website doesn't always seem to display it.

@rmurad38 @wrathoftheturkey

Kinda. But unless I'm missing something on those pages, I'm looking for the ranges. Like, as seen in the image here, that 30-75 Hz or 40-75 Hz range. From what I've seen, G-Sync/Freesync usually eliminates tearing at framerates up until the max refresh rate of the monitor, but there's usually a lower limit in the 30-40 Hz area. However, if the difference is high enough between the upper and lower limit (x2.5 for AMD) then some kind of frame doubling takes place to ensure tearing doesn't happen if your framerates happen to dip below 30-40. 

AMD calls that Low Framerate Compensation, and I know G-Sync has the same thing (technically, they did it first). I'm mainly trying to find a good list so I can look for a monitor that does LFC.

AMD.PNG

7 hours ago, Scionyde said:

All G-Sync monitors can maintain G-Sync mode from 0 Hz to their maximum refresh frequency. While the LCD panel does technically have a lower limit of operation (usually around 30-40 Hz) they use duplicate frames to maintain G-Sync at framerates down to zero, which is invisible to the external user.

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

Huh, interesting. Well, I suppose it's good that Nvidia has some benefit over AMD for their increased price tag.

Thanks!