IP difficulties with Steam Link

Lord Sparklebottom

I can't get my new Steam Link to work. My desktop's IP is 192.xxx.xxx.xxx, but when I connect the Link over Ethernet it gets a IP starting with 90.xxx.xxx.xxx. If I change it to go wireless it gets a correct IP and the steaming works, but I need to get it working over wire. My setup is Link into the router, and router to a switch and into my desktop.

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

4 minutes ago, Lord Sparklebottom said:

I can't get my new Steam Link to work. My desktop's IP is 192.xxx.xxx.xxx, but when I connect the Link over Ethernet it gets a IP starting with 90.xxx.xxx.xxx. If I change it to go wireless it gets a correct IP and the steaming works, but I need to get it working over wire. My setup is Link into the router, and router to a switch and into my desktop.

You are on an internal network. Censoring ips is not necessary. It sounds like either the steam link has a static address, or the port you are plugged into is configured for voip or something.

My native language is C++

1 minute ago, tt2468 said:

You are on an internal network. Censoring ips is not necessary. It sounds like either the steam link has a static address, or the port you are plugged into is configured for voip or something.

It is configured for IPTV, would that be problem?

Yeah, right guys? Guys?