Monitor causing YouTube videos to stutter?

Zangtetzu
Go to solution Solved by Zangtetzu,
Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

I have to say unless there is something with your GPU or idk ... Your monitor can not influence your sound. The only way I could imagine si that the image is somehow delayed on the monitor and therefore the sound should be coming before the picture. In this case the monitor only would have a problem but if it is gone with only the BenQ plugged ... :/ maybe some GPU thing. Have you resinatlled GPU drivers? Iirc youtube is grafix accelerated. Please correct me on this.

I have reinstalled graphics drivers, as well as updated them. When I unplugged the BenQ, and tried the Dell, it worked fine. And when I plugged the BenQ back in, the Dell didn't resort back to the issue again, and is working fine now? Idk. This is very strange and I have never had this issue before with any PC I've had.

So I have a BenQ XL2430T (running at 144hz) and a Dell U2414h (running at 60hz) monitor set up, where the BenQ is my main, the Dell is my secondary. The issue that I have been having is that watching YouTube videos on that monitor causes them to have frame rate drop, the audio to be slightly off of the video, and for the video to stutter or take pauses every 5-10 seconds. When I move the video over to my main monitor, the BenQ, the video has no issue whatsoever and plays exactly how it should. Is there a possibility that the problem lies with the monitor itself? Or is it a software issue? Of if you know what the issue is, please, let me know! Thank you.

| CPU: Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz | Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Extreme | RAM: G Skills Ripjaw V DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) 2400MHz | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX | | Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD & WD Caviar Black 3TB | PSU: EVGA 850W | Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Styker |

Display: Benq XL 2430T & Dell U2414h | Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sound: Logitech z533 2.1 Stereo Speakers |

| OS: Windows 10 |

1 minute ago, Zangtetzu said:

So I have a BenQ XL2430T (running at 144hz) and a Dell U2414h (running at 60hz) monitor set up, where the BenQ is my main, the Dell is my secondary. The issue that I have been having is that watching YouTube videos on that monitor causes them to have frame rate drop, the audio to be slightly off of the video, and for the video to stutter or take pauses every 5-10 seconds. When I move the video over to my main monitor, the BenQ, the video has no issue whatsoever and plays exactly how it should. Is there a possibility that the problem lies with the monitor itself? Or is it a software issue? Of if you know what the issue is, please, let me know! Thank you.

What are both of your monitors connected to and how?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

4 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

What are both of your monitors connected to and how?

Both monitors are connected to my ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX through their own individual ports on the graphics card. They both have identical cables. Also, I just switched to DisplayPort today for both to see if that would fix it. The issue still stood when the Dell was running through HDMI, while the BenQ was running through DVI.

| CPU: Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz | Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Extreme | RAM: G Skills Ripjaw V DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) 2400MHz | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX | | Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD & WD Caviar Black 3TB | PSU: EVGA 850W | Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Styker |

Display: Benq XL 2430T & Dell U2414h | Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sound: Logitech z533 2.1 Stereo Speakers |

Does the issue happen as well when you have JUST the Dell hooked up ? (BenQ fully unplugged)

When in doubt, re-format.

Just now, pwn_intended said:

Does the issue happen as well when you have JUST the Dell hooked up ? (BenQ fully unplugged)

Have not tried that. Will try right now.

8 minutes ago, Zangtetzu said:

Both monitors are connected to my ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX through their own individual ports on the graphics card. They both have identical cables. Also, I just switched to DisplayPort today for both to see if that would fix it. The issue still stood when the Dell was running through HDMI, while the BenQ was running through DVI.

Where is your audio comming from since you mention a delayed playback?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

1 minute ago, Zangtetzu said:

Have not tried that. Will try right now.

When I unplug the BenQ fully, it does not seem to have an issue.

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Where is your audio comming from since you mention a delayed playback?

Audio is coming from my Logitech Z533 speakers through the audio jack on the back of the mobo.

Just now, Zangtetzu said:

Audio is coming from my Logitech Z533 speakers through the audio jack on the back of the mobo.

Is the audio coming after the picture of before?

3.Use

5 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

When I unplug the BenQ fully, it does not seem to have an issue.

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Is the audio coming after the picture of before?

It varies, tbh.

Just now, Zangtetzu said:

It varies, tbh.

I have to say unless there is something with your GPU or idk ... Your monitor can not influence your sound. The only way I could imagine si that the image is somehow delayed on the monitor and therefore the sound should be coming before the picture. In this case the monitor only would have a problem but if it is gone with only the BenQ plugged ... :/ maybe some GPU thing. Have you resinatlled GPU drivers? Iirc youtube is grafix accelerated. Please correct me on this.

3.Use

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

I have reinstalled graphics drivers, as well as updated them. When I unplugged the BenQ, and tried the Dell, it worked fine. And when I plugged the BenQ back in, the Dell didn't resort back to the issue again, and is working fine now? Idk. This is very strange and I have never had this issue before with any PC I've had.

2 minutes ago, Zangtetzu said:

You fixed it! Yes pc's sometimes do weird things like this. They get tripped up on a device being "incorrectly" installed even if it wasn't. I wouldn't worry about this unless it starts happening again.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

You fixed it! Yes pc's sometimes do weird things like this. They get tripped up on a device being "incorrectly" installed even if it wasn't. I wouldn't worry about this unless it starts happening again.

Haha. Yeah. Not really sure what I did? I guess it just fixed itself for now. Thanks for the help guys!

9 minutes ago, Zangtetzu said:

System are to complicated to understand sometimes. Jsut look at it that way. There are countless issues that can be fixed by doing nothing but rebooting. That should be enough proof of how fuck up these systems and their problems are. Glad we could help.

3.Use