Worth waiting for Kaby Lake?

Kabylake will be the same as Skylake in terms of performance, since it will use the same architecture and such.

Now Zen on the other hand... it is uncertain whether it will live up to the hype or not, but I would stick around and wait just in case.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

6 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

no. it is worth waiting for ZEN

4 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

Kabylake will be the same as Skylake in terms of performance, since it will use the same architecture and such.

Now Zen on the other hand... it is uncertain whether it will live up to the hype or not, but I would stick around and wait just in case.

I've NEVER Owned a AMD product... too scared to actually try! Intel is INTEL.. I've always known and used their products.. my i3 2100 performed for like 6 years...

The wait is worth becasue it might give you option to go Skylake for a bit less cost, or even better get a second hand deal from some one upgrading.

For difference between Kaby vs Skylake I would say that for most it's not worth the upgrade.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Sgt.Mak said:

I've NEVER Owned a AMD product... too scared to actually try! Intel is INTEL.. I've always known and used their products.. my i3 2100 performed for like 6 years...

I'm not getting into a flame war, I have owned AMD and Intel and I am not a shareholder in either. I'm just going to inform you that there was a time when Intel was the crappy processor. This is why we wait for ZEN. It is time for AMD to deliver and bring some competition back into the x86 high end

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

U plan to build it in Feb, by then Kabylake will be out. There will be no waiting.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

5 minutes ago, Thony said:

U plan to build it in Feb, by then Labylake will be out. There will be no waiting.

Spoiler

ScabieLake

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

If you are buying in Feb than wait for it for the following reasons

1) Zen would be out

2)kaby lake would be out

3)Sky lake would receive a price cut (or it would be available on used market)