Are there any cheap-ish wireless digital receivers out there?

Kevin_Walter

Alright, so this may be a bit of an odd request. I've done a bit of a cursory search, but I'm not really sure what to look for or if there's anything that serves my specific needs.

My mom had a very old (15-ish years?) 100-disc CD changer hooked up to an old hi-fi receiver from like the 70s and some decent speakers. She liked this system, but the CD changer recently locked up, I have no idea how to fix it, the store where she purchased it is no longer in business, and I doubt they would repair it for her even if they still existed. 

So I'd like to figure out a really easy way to store her CD collection on a PC and send that signal to an old receiver without running a 100 foot RCA cable through the house from her PC to her stereo. 

She doesn't have a smart phone and doesn't want one. She doesn't have an MP3 player. She's going on 60 and barely knows how to use a computer. lol

So basically, I'm looking for a device that can maybe connect to our wireless network and receive a digital signal that it then converts to analog to play through a receiver. Basically a wireless DAC, I guess? But preferably not something that costs hundreds of dollars...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."