Anyone want to help me with setting up a streaming server?

So I have been trying to get a server to work but I just cant do it... I have Docker Toolbox with rtmp server install into a virtual machine instance but no dice. I only have a windows 10 computer and a win 7 laptop. I need some help getting this to work, by which I mean make it so people other than the host can access it, like my friend. The plan is when we get it up is to stream both our perspectives into one or two streams. If you can help message me, I'll be sure to reply fast.

3 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

I tried rtmp a while ago and I failed after a lot of attempts. For some reason watching it on localhost worked fine but over the network didn't. I've used the Unreal media server.

It's hard, and it will take lot's of time.

W8 What do you mean.........

We want to livestream, and have 2 perspectives on one stream. So I want him to stream to like my private rtmp server and I take that footage put it into obs and i can switch the screens from mine to his

2 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

After just thinking for 2 days I got my stream to work on my own laptop where I ran my RTMP server and i could watch it. But when connecting from my phone over LAN it just wouldn't work. 

What I'm trying to say is, rtmp is really hard to set up. And even then it's most likely going to have a lot of unstable stuff.

I'm just talking out of experience

yeah i kinda know that, but I literally need to do one thing which is get vmware to use my ip so that the EXPOSED ports from nginx are available to people not in my network if that not easy, and i can do local network. I will configure it to hamatchi(VPN). But I am having issues b/c whenever i edit the setting in vmware of the network, change it to bridged, it doesn't work. Probably b/c i am using a laptop to bridge my wifi with my rig

4 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

After just thinking for 2 days I got my stream to work on my own laptop where I ran my RTMP server and i could watch it. But when connecting from my phone over LAN it just wouldn't work. 

What I'm trying to say is, rtmp is really hard to set up. And even then it's most likely going to have a lot of unstable stuff.

I'm just talking out of experience

even setting it up wouldnt be that hard b/c i dont neet to setup anything with a browser all it need to do is take in the stream from my friend and I use the link rtmp:// to restream it in obs

3 hours ago, EnderGaming said:

W8 What do you mean.........

We want to livestream, and have 2 perspectives on one stream. So I want him to stream to like my private rtmp server and I take that footage put it into obs and i can switch the screens from mine to his

Don't use docker. It's a real mess for anything network really. Use the guide on the obs website dto install a real nginx rtmp server. You will need to port forward to allow external streams.

My native language is C++

2 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

Don't use docker. It's a real mess for anything network really. Use the guide on the obs website dto install a real nginx rtmp server. You will need to port forward to allow external streams.

ik that xD It doesnt work with my computer idk i try to start it and it instantly closed...... the nginx thing that is

Just now, EnderGaming said:

ik that xD It doesnt work with my computer idk i try to start it and it instantly closed

If it closed as it started, you probably forgot a ; in your .conf file. Check to make sure the necessary lines have semicolons, or post the conf here.

4 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

If it closed as it started, you probably forgot a ; in your .conf file. Check to make sure the necessary lines have semicolons, or post the conf here.

I will try it again later tonight and if I need you help can I hyu?

4 hours ago, tt2468 said:

should i use linux or windows?

if linux which one

5 hours ago, tt2468 said:

well I tries doing it, but this error came up got any suggestions?

Screenshot_1.png

13 hours ago, EnderGaming said:

well I tries doing it, but this error came up got any suggestions?

Screenshot_1.png

It looks like you have to open it as administrator.

On 11/4/2016 at 0:45 PM, tt2468 said:

It looks like you have to open it as administrator.

Well I got it working, I install ubuntu onto my laptop and ran an ethernet with a shared ip connection to my desktop, and so I had the server running and have internet on my desktop. also I made it public but it has immense lagg, like not latency but legit lagg... any fixes?