Amd R9-290X BF4 edition official price!!!

lhikary

wow..........
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202058

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161438
YOU ONLY PAY $30 MORE!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SHALL BUY ONE WHEN THE AFTERMARKET BABYS ARE OUT :D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I was surprised that it didn't perform as well as it was being hyped :D

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

$30 more

good deal all in all :D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

They charge an extra £45 to include Battlefield 4 with the 290X in the UK.

With BF4 (£500) : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-319-AS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

Without BF4 (£456) : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-320-AS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

titan killer my ass 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

titan killer my ass 

What do you expect when the 290X is £350 ($565) cheaper? :P

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I am SOOO happy about the 290x price. I was hoping that the 780s would come down a bit.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Here in Europe, the lowest non BF4 edition price is €495, for BF4 edition you have to pay €555. Pretty awesome.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Let's be real. If the 780 price comes all the way down to match the 290x ain't nobody buying anything but a 780.... IMO. lol

Let's be real. If the 780 price comes all the way down to match the 290x ain't nobody buying anything but a 780.... IMO. lol

Do you really think that AMD hasn't got any room for price corrections? When nVidia is going to drop their prices on the 780, AMD/other vendors are going to go with it and drop the prices below the new price tag. They're probably able to drop able to drop at least 50$ of that price, plus you still have the Never Settle - Bundle with a lot of games which adds to the value and will be another strong point FOR AMD :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I don't really care because I am an nvidia man but still happy because the 290x made nvidia really work and make the 780ti....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

And by "really work" you mean just announce a card they've probably had sitting on a shelf for the past 6 months.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I still think its weird not to include the crossfire feature on the R9 290x. I know they said because they didn't see a performance increase but I still find it a little weird.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Do you really think that AMD hasn't got any room for price corrections? When nVidia is going to drop their prices on the 780, AMD/other vendors are going to go with it and drop the prices below the new price tag. They're probably able to drop able to drop at least 50$ of that price, plus you still have the Never Settle - Bundle with a lot of games which adds to the value and will be another strong point FOR AMD :)

I can recognize that what you're getting for $549 that 290x is priced reasonably, and I can't imagine them lowering it immediately after it's released. In regards to the never settle bundle, did Nvidia counter with something similar? The Holiday bundle, right? I believe with the 780 you get Assassins Creed Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Batman Arkham Origins, and $100 off a shield. Given that, if the price is dropped on the 780 it does make it a very attractive option.

I still think its weird not to include the crossfire feature on the R9 290x. I know they said because they didn't see a performance increase but I still find it a little weird.

You can xfire them, it's just done through the PCI-e bus and does not require a bridge. They were refering to the performance differences between using a bridge or not.

Does the BF4 edition also come with the never settle forever bundle?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

You can xfire them, it's just done through the PCI-e bus and does not require a bridge. They were refering to the performance differences between using a bridge or not.

Oh okay I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me I was a little confused. haha. ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

wow..........

According to TTL, you could wait until december, maybe even 2014 for an aftermarket cooler... I guess the "waiting for 9000 series" pun will become "waiting for aftermarket cooler"

I don't really care because I am an nvidia man but still happy because the 290x made nvidia really work and make the 780ti....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Let me fix that for you.. 

I don't really care because I am an nvidia man but still happy because the 290x made nvidia *panic* and make the 780ti....

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

I don't really care because I am an nvidia man but still happy because the 290x made nvidia *panic* and make the 780ti....

Have you ever seen Jen-Hsun in an interview? He wouldn't panic if there was a 50 ton amd graphics card about to fall on his head ;p

AMD holds the fps/$ crown on alot of price points at this moment and that's great because that means nvidea has to react. They have to make a couple of price drops NOW or they will lose customers. And they better make sure that the 780ti is at least on par with R9-290X. If not I will be kinda disappointed in the green team.

wow..........

Its a special BF4 bundle that applies to the launch day reference cards ONLY :( AMD blew about 8 mil for the whole deal with EA/DICE. BF4 wont be a part of never settle.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I can recognize that what you're getting for $549 that 290x is priced reasonably, and I can't imagine them lowering it immediately after it's released. In regards to the never settle bundle, did Nvidia counter with something similar? The Holiday bundle, right? I believe with the 780 you get Assassins Creed Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Batman Arkham Origins, and $100 off a shield. Given that, if the price is dropped on the 780 it does make it a very attractive option.

Yeah, there has been something similar, but AMD has been doing this for a lot longer and a much wider variety of cards and I believe for 5 games. 

Considering the price, of course they're not doing it right away! It's balancing act, almost psychological warfare. They're going to observe how the sales are shifting, but considering that AMD has always been the budget option (being cheaper than nVidia) they have a lot of interest in keeping the price below the GTX780 simply because the 290X is only able to beat it with overclocking and while running extremely hot. Just imagine the loss in profit if nVidia decides to put the 780ti on the price point for the 780 and the 780 below 550$ and AMD wouldn't put the price down. The 780 is still faster in a lot of scenarios than the 290x and AMD knows that. People are not going to accept the fact that they have to pay more for a worse card. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Yes and No. 

I can assure you that nVidia didn't panic, simply because they knew the performance of this card prior to launch! They did however react to the launch of the 290x and therefor acknowledge the fact that AMD is getting closer and closer and are a threat to sales.

My theory is this, that the 780ti is going to be the enthusiasts card and will most likely go on sale for the same price as the 780 @ launch. But that opens up an opportunity for nVidia to drop prices on the 780 and go into direct battle with AMD over pretty much the same customer base, something we haven't seen yet/in a long time. AMD was always for people who cared about the bang 4 buck and nVidia for people who are willing to pay more for a little more performance, but that's not the case anymore. nVidia will drop the prices on the 780 probably down to somewhere around 570 - 580$ I reckon.  

GUYS STOP
whats with the no afetmarket coolers for r290x untill december? WTF