PC won't post after adding extra 8gb ram

Go to solution Solved by Litargirio,

Are you able to get into the BIOS? If so, make all of the ram run at 1600 mhz.

If you can't get into BIOS, insert only the 2133 mhz ram, then go into BIOS and set it so it runs all of the RAM at 1600 mhz. After this, plug in the other RAM.

Hi I just added another 8gb ram to my PC and now it won't post. The ram I added is corsair vengeance 1600mhz and the one I already had was corsair vengeance LP  2133mhz. They take 1.5v. 

Thanks, Lewis

1 minute ago, Lewiscpullan said:

Hi I just added another 8gb ram to my PC and now it won't post. The ram I added is corsair vengeance 1600mhz and the one I already had was corsair vengeance LP  2133mhz. They take 1.5v. 

Thanks, Lewis

Can your motherboard support another 8GBs?

Do you have the RAM in the right slots? Check your BIOS for options.  Some of them need to be manually enabled.  

Try it with just the new RAM too.  It could just be DOA or something

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Can your motherboard support another 8GBs?

It's supports up to 32gb I think

What is the motherboard?

What is the capacity of the previouly installed RAM? How many sticks? Which slots?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

you may need to slow the ofigional ram down to 1600mhz to match the new ram

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

6 minutes ago, Dayen said:

Do you have the RAM in the right slots? Check your BIOS for options.  Some of them need to be manually enabled.

The motherboard is Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H the ram already installed was 2x4gb and were in the slots   

hackintosh-hw-ram.jpg

Are you able to get into the BIOS? If so, make all of the ram run at 1600 mhz.

If you can't get into BIOS, insert only the 2133 mhz ram, then go into BIOS and set it so it runs all of the RAM at 1600 mhz. After this, plug in the other RAM.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Check your mobo for correct way to fit ram modules. Could also be that 3 slots simpy don't work or mess with dual channel support. The more differences between RAM (speeds, timings, size) the more a possibility for errors and proper functioning issues. So adjust settings that all s same.

RAM sometimes don't work with exact same type of kits.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list