I7-6700K too hot?

Go to solution Solved by Zyndo,
2 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

I got a I7-6700K, MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon and Be Quiet! dark rock pro 3 and 32 gigs of DDR4 2133 MHz yesterday and upgraded my rig with it, but i don't know if my cpu temps are too high. On idle the temperature is between the 25 and 30 degrees celsius, but has spikes to 49 degrees every 5/10 seconds. the load temperature is most of the time 56 degrees celsius. I haven't put an overclock on the cpu, but i've turned on gaming boost in the bios.

56C is a very good temperature for a 6700k. You only need to really be worried about it if you're running prolonged sessions in the 80's, or short sessions in the high 80's low 90's... Most people say even mid-high 70's are not too bad if it doesn't bother you.

But 60 or lower is pretty awesome. to put that in comparison my 6700k at 4.0GHZ with a H100i V2 gets around 45-50 C peak temperatures in the heavier gaming loads.

I got a I7-6700K, MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon and Be Quiet! dark rock pro 3 and 32 gigs of DDR4 2133 MHz yesterday and upgraded my rig with it, but i don't know if my cpu temps are too high. On idle the temperature is between the 25 and 30 degrees celsius, but has spikes to 49 degrees every 5/10 seconds. the load temperature is most of the time 56 degrees celsius. I haven't put an overclock on the cpu, but i've turned on gaming boost in the bios.

2 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

56C is a very good temperature for a 6700k. You only need to really be worried about it if you're running prolonged sessions in the 80's, or short sessions in the high 80's low 90's... Most people say even mid-high 70's are not too bad if it doesn't bother you.

But 60 or lower is pretty awesome. to put that in comparison my 6700k at 4.0GHZ with a H100i V2 gets around 45-50 C peak temperatures in the heavier gaming loads.