Arduino Project

Hi guys, so I have been using my Arduino recently to do things such as create a game, or for it to display a simple piece of flashing text on the LCD screen. I have been doing these very simple and basic projects and I am looking to move onto something more advanced. This is mainly because I want to expand my understanding of the technology. When I first brought the Arduino around 2 years ago, I never really used it to begin with until I felt i had enough time to properly get started with it, this was despite the handbook which comes with the starter pack version of the Arduino which I had purchased, and included lots of little beginner projects designed for individuals wanting to start programming with an Arduino and creating their own quick and easy little projects.

Now that I have the spare time during my days off to do some coding and to start on my own projects, i want to start on something big. Something which I could work one for a couple of hours per day, and then come back to the week after and carry on with. I am just curious of what ideas you guys have and whether you have got an Arduino of your own and/ or have experienced a similar situation to this. Any feedback is useful.

Thanks, Patalayus.

Those all sound like software-based projects, so I would venture into hardware for sure. Buttons, sensors, motors, anything to get you breadboarding and experimenting is great. I think last year for his engineering project my friend made a heat-seeking fan, but the sky is the limit :)

Thank you cdsboy2000 for your feedback, i will be sure to venture further into the hardware side of things

Don't always think big, sometimes small can be just as fun, and take just as long. 

I think you'd enjoy programming a microcontroller to keep things really tiny. Or use one of Adafruit's feather boards. 

Just an idea though, you don't have to do it.

Don't talk about stale memes.

Thanks for the suggestion Spook Eyes, I'll look into it 

Well, I can think of a few projects that would be very fun, some more software based, some more hardware based, some difficult on both sides. I have a sneaking suspicion that this list might well be the most challenging Arduino task list to date:

• Store and read data from a Hard Drive. Some say this is impossible, but Arduino allows external interrupts, so it is most certainly possible.
  • Use the Arduino to add EFI to a lawnmower engine.
  • Find a way to double the number of output pins the Arduino has (You will have to learn some digital logic). (This is probably the easiest challenge in the list)
  • Write "Hello World" to an LCD Matrix display programming the Arduino ONLY in ARM assembler. (This is probably the hardest challenge in the list)

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

some of those sound very fun, thank you straight_steve for your responce. I will be sure to give some of them a go.

7 hours ago, Patalayus said:

some of those sound very fun, thank you straight_steve for your responce. I will be sure to give some of them a go.

8 hours ago, Patalayus said:

Thanks for the suggestion Spook Eyes, I'll look into it 

8 hours ago, Patalayus said:

Thank you cdsboy2000 for your feedback, i will be sure to venture further into the hardware side of things

don't forget to tag people so they get notifications of your response

ex: @cdsboy2000

Those led cubes are notoriously challenging to make if you don't refer to other people's work.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?